Almond Milk or Soy

Options
2»

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    well that depends, are you a fan of phytoestrogens, infertility, cancer, thyroid supression, etc.? If so, go for the soy - you'll get all that and more.

But if you love your body (and being healthy) go for the AMAZING Almond Milk :)
  • itslucyr
    itslucyr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't tolerate lactose, and after trying a few different alternatives my favourite is rice milk. Don't really like the flavour of soy, almond or coconut, but cold rice milk on cereal is really tasty. Even my very picky boyfriend likes it with chocolate milkshake powder - apparently it tastes like coco pops!
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I stay away from soy. The estrogen mimicking compounds may cause fertility problems in both men and women.

really??!
    didn't know that, I drink soy, might try to get hubby on to it! :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I drink Almond, Coconut and Hazelnut milk (must say Hazelnut is my personal fav) - stay as far as I can away from Soy (don't like the taste), and also wary of some of the bad press Soy in general is getting.....
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I like fat free regular milk. I've tried the others but I like the protein in fat-free milk and don't have allergies so I like getting a bigger bang for my buck with more protein! I do love milk, though, so don't need to substitute anything at all.
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!! Almond it is!! :flowerforyou:
  • siouxsie212
    Options
    95% of soy in America is GMO. Soy products are considered phytoestrogens since soy proteins contain isoflavones, which are compounds similar to estrogen. It is classified as an endocrine disruptor, and has the potential to cause negative effects on reproductive health, fertility, infant development and even brain development. PASS!

I love whole grain brown rice milk or organic coconut milk.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I was drinking Soy Milk, but after researching it a bit more, I won't be drinking it again. I already have problems with estrogen levels, stupid male puberty crap... So I have to try and stay away from anything that increases estrogen levels, this includes Soy Milk.

I have just started drinking Almond Milk today and it's quite nice. I can't remember if I had ever tried Almonds before, but the taste of Almond Milk is quite nice. It kind of reminds me of a chocolaty nutty taste in one. Will definitely use it in my protein shakes instead of Soy Milk.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I like the way almond milk tastes better, and it has a better consistency/texture
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I do either Almond or Coconut milk.....cant do soy cause I am hypothyroid...
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    Almond all the way! I like the unsweetened vanilla kind! It taste better than soy, it has less calories and fat, and more calcium/vitamin D. Plus soy is a photo estrogen so it's not the best for dudes (or ladies with sensitive systems.)