calories burned

Options
If my pedometer and what MFP shows as the number of calories burned when walking are different, which one should I go by? My pedometer is set for my stride length, weight, etc so I feel like it's a little more accurate, but don't want to overestimate what I'm doing. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• melrose24
    melrose24 Posts: 8
    Options
    I would definitely go with your pedometer. I don't have a pedometer-but when I run on my treadmill, I change the incline a lot so I always burn more calories than the MFP says!

:flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Both of them are generalizations. How big is the difference? Can you take an average of the two and use it? Or use one, and if you don't see results, try using the other. You're probably going to see several responses telling you the only accurate way to know is to get a heart rate monitor.
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the most accurate reading is from a Heart Rate Monitor, you set it up according to your weight, sex and age too so it is more personalised.

I've just ordered mine off the internet, hope I've not wasted my money!

:happy:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I want to get me one this Friday, If you dont mind what kind you getting and whats the price range, I mean Ill pay a 100 bucks on one if it has good reviews, I really really want me one,,,
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the most accurate reading is from a Heart Rate Monitor, you set it up according to your weight, sex and age too so it is more personalised.

I've just ordered mine off the internet, hope I've not wasted my money!

:happy:

I have a polar f6 heartrate monitor and they are very accurate. I love mine.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I want to get me one this Friday, If you dont mind what kind you getting and whats the price range, I mean Ill pay a 100 bucks on one if it has good reviews, I really really want me one,,,

I have a polar f6 heartrate monitor and it is the best thing I have ever spent money on. it cost $119.00.