Supposedly impossible?

Options
I'm really curious as to what's going on with my body. I've lost 14 inches, but only 4 lbs. I'm not discouraged, in fact, I'm perfectly happy with my inch loss...I've been taking pictures and I can tell that I'm losing fat and looking way better than when I started.

However...I'm really curious...what's going on? Am I gaining a lot of muscle? I know it's supposedly impossible to do when you're on a deficit (I was eating 1200 for 6 weeks, then increased to 1400 in the past week after a stall - I've lost 3 inches in the past week alone so I know the 1400 is doing me some good - BMR is 1300) but what other possible answer is there? I think my legs look a lot more muscular than when I started...

It can't possibly be water...that's just way too much water. I'm fitting into clothes that I wore when I was 135, and I'm still 146!

So...what's going on?

Replies

• FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • ivyslocum
    ivyslocum Posts: 21
    Options
    It totally sounds like muscle. Any time you use your muscles they are strengthened. Strengthened = growing if done regularly.
    1 lb of fat is far bigger than 1 lb of muscle.
    The more muscle you have the more fat you burn so........ that all falls into the equasion.
  • FireTigerSoul
    Options
    It totally sounds like muscle. Any time you use your muscles they are strengthened. Strengthened = growing if done regularly.
    1 lb of fat is far bigger than 1 lb of muscle.
    The more muscle you have the more fat you burn so........ that all falls into the equasion.

That's what I was thinking....but there are a ton of people on the board that keep saying you can't gain muscle on a deficit....maybe some people are the exception? I can't think of any other possible explanation.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm happier when I don't over analyse my success.
  • FireTigerSoul
    Options
    I'm happier when I don't over analyse my success.

I don't think I'm over-analyzing my success...I'm just curious about it. To me, it seems like common sense: lose inches + weight stays the same = gained muscle.

However, on this forum, there are so many different opinions and so-called "facts" that it's difficult to understand what exactly your body is going through...