Ideas for exercise Video's???

Options
2»

Replies

• slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great Thread ! I do several diff ones each day/ week. First I went onto youtube to see what I would stick with. Then, I looked up the videos by certain people that others had advised me on, because if the person teaching it was dreadful, then honestly I wouldn't stick with it ~and feel horrible because of the money spent. Wrote down a few I would try, went to Half-Price-Books, found a bunch really cheap and started my collection. I now have 14 DVD's of all sorts to change it up. Getting more weekly.
    My favorite 2 are:
    *Billy Blanks Taebo Power
    *Prevention Fitness Systems- Get Moving with Chris Freytag. ~ on this one, there are several different programs to choose from, plus a Yoga cool down you can choose at the end.

Good Luck to you !
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Is your walking out and about or inside on a treadmill. To take it up a notch I add ankle / wrist weights.

Walking with weights is all I did until goal weight. Sometimes I'd do the weights without the walking.

I was on a tight budget so I filled plastic bottles with water and varied my location to make the walking interesting.

If indoors is your thing maybe put on a channel (or record) promoting an exercise class (1/2 - 1 hour info-ads for Zumba or whatever)

If there is another activity you enjoy such as dancing, Zumba, stretching, tennis - anything moving :) then get into it (or mix it up!).

For outdoor longer walks I'd just drink what was in the bottles (a 1-2 hour walk up and down hills and along the flat, and ankle weights was a good burn and the drinks of choice were poweraide or gatoraide or something like that to effectively re-hydrate, etc). Same can apply with treadmill with a 'mix-it-up program' or integrating treadmill with your own dancing around it with your weights !

Have FUN !
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh...and I'm also a an of Denise Austin work out video's. She can be a little "perky" at times but I like that about her.
  • sunshineshell81
    sunshineshell81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would recommended looking on YouTube. There are SO many great exercise ideas and programs that are free to learn from. Also, if you have Netflix View-Instant there are a lot on there also. I have been looking around on my Netflix account and have found some really great ones :o)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Great Thread ! I do several diff ones each day/ week. First I went onto youtube to see what I would stick with. Then, I looked up the videos by certain people that others had advised me on, because if the person teaching it was dreadful, then honestly I wouldn't stick with it ~and feel horrible because of the money spent. Wrote down a few I would try, went to Half-Price-Books, found a bunch really cheap and started my collection. I now have 14 DVD's of all sorts to change it up. Getting more weekly.
    My favorite 2 are:
    *Billy Blanks Taebo Power
    *Prevention Fitness Systems- Get Moving with Chris Freytag. ~ on this one, there are several different programs to choose from, plus a Yoga cool down you can choose at the end.

Good Luck to you !

Chris Freytag! Good idea .....I forgot about this one.
  • mlgoodale
    Options
    i haven't introduced myself to the forums yet (intro post coming to the correct board after this one) but wanted to chime in. my fiance and i really love jackie warner, we have 2 dvds we use, so i highly recommend checking out her stuff if you'd like some good workouts that don't require anything more than a set of dumbbells and impending muscle fatigue :)
  • littlemissshowoff
    Options
    I really enjoyed Rosemary Conley's Slim and Salsacise. There are two workouts - one is 20 minutes and one is 30 minutes. I found this really good when I was just getting back into exercise and because they're quite dance based, I actively enjoyed them and looked forward to doing them.
  • sladicp
    sladicp Posts: 6
    Options
    P90x. Get to it! I could't keep up at the start but stick with it. It works.

Decide. Commit. Succeed.
  • Dailly_Efforts
    Dailly_Efforts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you like to dance, I just found one on overstock.com pertty cheap. It's called country line dance Dance inches off it is 39 minutes. No floor exercise. It got my heart rate up, I really feel it in my hips and legs. It was fun. Once I learn the routines I will probably mute it and play my own music.
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    P90x is actually pretty good in that, "Brother Tony" is very careful to encourage the entry level to the advanced participant. This is key as initimidation and exercise should never go hand in hand. The other part about P90 is that it provides you with variety and given that it's on a dvd, you can take it with you wherever you go...
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6, Insanity, tight on time, any pilates video on blogilates.com (free)
  • Ashleyanne271
    Ashleyanne271 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like most of the Biggest Loser DVDs. I'm alternating between Cardio Burn Max and Boot camp now. There are also some really fun dance workouts out there! I get all of mine from the library (I work at one). You can try a bunch of them and not spend any money!
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    TURBO FIRE IS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING! Love anything from Chalene Johnson! She is awesome!
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I started my lifestyle change I was doing ZERO exercise.

I can't reccomend POWER 90 enough. Power 90 was beachbody's workout video before P90x (Power 90 Extreme).

P90x is just that, extreme. You may not be ready for that, if not Power 90 is an awesome place to start. I'm planning on doing 90 days and hoping to try p90x after that.
  • jaimebea
    jaimebea Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions! Y'all rock!
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What about Netflix or Hulu - I'm not sure if they have exercise videos but it's worth a look.

The library in my city has a good variety of exercise videos - great to try them out rather than buying.

Let us know what works for you!