Calories goals etc

Options
AI have read so many post and I am just way to confused I have been told diff things by my trainer etc etc Ok take today for example here is where I am at
583 CALORIES REMAINING
Goal Food Exercise = Net
1200 1050 - 433 617

Ok so my net amount needs to be 1200 correct so I should eat back 433 calories ? My trainer said as long as I eat 1200 calories I am fine but he did not say if that is with or without exercise I have been losing 1pound or so a week my goal is set at 2lbs max a week. I wish I could figure the calorie ad exercise thing out and not be so confused I will probably be burning another 200 to 300 calories when I hot the gym today for a little cardio.

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It's all horribly confusing! You're going to get all sorts of stories here too. Really, a dietician would be the best person to see about all this!

For me, I eat 25-50% of my exercise calories back. If I have more than that I gain. My doctor wants me to eat none of them back. I get far too hungry to follow that advice!

You have to find what works for you. If you're losing 1 pound steadily, stick with it. If you muck with it too much, you may not even lose that!
  • kgarman
    kgarman Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Goal 1200

Food - Exercise = Total Daily Net

So if you eat 1200 for food and exercise 600 calories off in one day, your net is 600 for that day. In other words, your body only has 600 calories to fuel itself for other daily activities (walking, breathing, etc).

Your trainer is right in his line of thinking, eat up to 1200 per day regardless of exercise to properly fuel your body. Since your net would only be 600 in the above example, you have about another 600 calories to consume.

Using your numbers, your total daily net is 617. So you'd want to eat that plus and additional 600 to get to 1200 for the day. Simply put, always eat 1200 per day even if you exercise.