Do you award your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    hair cut... my next 5 lbs will be a new pair of flipflops the ones I have are about to fall apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Every time someone makes one of these threads there are dozens of people who say they reward themselves with gym clothes/fitness equipment or they say things like "being lighter IS my reward"...

That's great and all if that's your motivation...but I want something tangible in my hand every 5 lbs that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg (just the extra fat on them) that will actually motivate me.

So far I've been buying music or movies but the thing is...I buy those things anyway. I'm finding its no longer motivating for me to use those. I have bigger rewards planned for when I hit my higher goals...Tattoos, New clothes, A trip, A nice dinner, etc. But I need something for every 5 lbs between 20 lbs and 45 lbs.
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Well since i spend most of my extra money on my family, yes i reward every 10 lbs. It can be something that i feel better about myself when i get it done, just like losing the weight. I can NEVER afford to go to the salon, for hair or nails so that is my next up. Clothes are certainly rewarding but also necessary, you can't FEEL good with a saggy diaper butt..lol
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Every time someone makes one of these threads there are dozens of people who say they reward themselves with gym clothes/fitness equipment or they say things like "being lighter IS my reward"...

That's great and all if that's your motivation...but I want something tangible in my hand every 5 lbs that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg (just the extra fat on them) that will actually motivate me.

So far I've been buying music or movies but the thing is...I buy those things anyway. I'm finding its no longer motivating for me to use those. I have bigger rewards planned for when I hit my higher goals...Tattoos, New clothes, A trip, A nice dinner, etc. But I need something for every 5 lbs between 20 lbs and 45 lbs.

You could always get a section of a really big tattoo and then when you get the whole 25 down, you will have a complete new tattoo.
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    massages are usually my first choice. Always love a good rub down, especially after exercising.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I don't usually set a prize. Once I've reached a certain weight loss goal I usually go buy some new clothes....just a couple things, not a lot.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of working towards "prizes" (beyond just getting thinner/healthier of course) but cant seem to think of things that I would REALLY want and want to bust my butt to work towards lol!

Ive seen other people do things like "pedicure, new book" etc, but those are things I would just get myself when I wanted them...

What are some really great prize ideas you are working towards along your journey?

I was thinking of a tattoo idea for ultimate goal, but other than that, Im having trouble.

HA great minds think a like I was thinking of a tattoo as well. Far as rewards sense I have stuck to a plan and working hard I really don't reward myself all that much sometimes new clothes but other than that I really haven't rewarded myself like you said books and such are things I would get anyway
  • lukeout007
    Options
    You could always get a section of a really big tattoo and then when you get the whole 25 down, you will have a complete new tattoo.

It'd be a great idea if it weren't for 2 things...

All the tattoos I want are small. I don't like large tattoos.

And even small tattoos are $100-$200....with my current financial situation that kind of money will have to be spent on one of the big goals.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

This isn't really a reward, but it is an awesome visual motivator.

Every 5 pounds that you lose, buy a 5 pound bag of flour.

Find a nice place to stack them so that every time you see them you are reminded that you are not carrying that much crap around every day.
  • lukeout007
    Options

Every 5 pounds that you lose, buy a 5 pound bag of flower.

Find a nice place to stack them so that every time you see them you are reminded that you are not carrying that much crap around every day.

That is a strangely fantastic idea. I never thought about that but I really do like it...
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have 40 more lbs to lose, I want to get new clothes and a new tattoo, but this summer I will for sure need new summer clothes, so I don't know if clothes should be an award or not. :laugh:
    Actually, I'm turning 40 Nov 2013 so for my 1 year anniversary of losing the weight, I'm going to vegas baby!!
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My rewards are iTunes gift cards. I use them to buy music or movies to watch while I'm on the treadmill.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I love corsets and reward myself with a new corset. They always keep me motivated as well because I look better and better each new one I get.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with this. I always tell myself I'll enjoy a special treat, I'm dying for chocolate and have been saving a mini bag of chocolate buttons since my birthday (last May, yes, I know I'm mad). The problem is that when I drop the few pounds I've set myself I don't dare eat the chocolate in case it puts the weight back on...
    One day...one day!!!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Spa treatments, gotta reward my hard work!
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    love it! you go! :D
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

Every 5 pounds that you lose, buy a 5 pound bag of flower.

That is a strangely fantastic idea. I never thought about that but I really do like it...

Flour works even better. Doh.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    another 120 pounds and I am buying a jeep. Does that count? :)

JEEP!!!
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    Most definitely I do :) about a week after I started my weight loss journey, I sat down and made up a little chart of different "checkpoints" as well as the prizes associated with them. I will admit that I had a difficult time not including food in the rewards, but I have: manicure, new DVD, movie and popcorn night (healthy popcorn!), mani/pedi (I adore getting them together!), a massage/spa day with my girlfriend, a new haircut, new books, and....a new lingerie/street clothes wardrobe, once I hit my ugw! I'm super-excited for them all!

I must admit, though, even though I've reached my first reward (manicure), I haven't gone and done it yet....because for me, a lot of times, just stepping on the scale and seeing a number I haven't seen in a while is a great relief! I celebrate every little pound I lose.

Ultimately, though, I intend to get my tummy button pierced when I reach my ugw. I never thought I'd be thin enough to rock one in a bikini, but next summer, I intend to flaunt my new, hard-won body!
  • NicoleElen
    NicoleElen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My GW reward for myself is a trip to the Coach Outlet store :)