Morning and Night workout everyday in April Challenge

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I already decided yesterday that I was doing this, so I'm in.

But, not everyday. You need your body to rest. For me, it will be 4 days a week running in the morning, 3 days a week weight training in the evening. The workouts will be staggered, some days will be a double, and others not. It will work out to having one rest day a week, Sunday Funday. This works best with my busy schedule. But, almost the same thing as what you are talking about. I start tonight.

I wish I could work out at our Gym during lunch.
  • pguerre1
    pguerre1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Let's do this!
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm up at 6am every morning anyway. I might as well start doing something productive!

Kristina!
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well!
    2 works out a day in April:)

April first is actually my first 5 k and it's in the am :) so that will kick me off ! Perhaps I will do some hot yoga in the evening!
    I am very excited about this. Anything to help me get to my goal on may 19th!!! Jamaica for a wedding baby:)! Gotta get bikini ready:)
  • nichole325
    Options

But, not everyday. You need your body to rest. For me, it will be 4 days a week running in the morning, 3 days a week weight training in the evening. The workouts will be staggered, some days will be a double, and others not. It will work out to having one rest day a week, Sunday Funday. This works best with my busy schedule. But, almost the same thing as what you are talking about. I start tonight.

I seriously don't know how people work out during their lunch. I go for SLOW walks during my lunch break...but actually working out I could never do, I sweat SO SO bad!
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am in. Because I wake up already at 315am for work Monday through Friday I won't be waking up earlier to workout, but I will do two workouts a day!
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm working on the Couch to 5K program, and doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Even though 30DS will end (maybe) in April, I have plenty of other stuff to keep me moving. Including my 2 favorite mooches (my friends' dogs).

I was actually going to start the C25K program and the shred (again, lol) on April 1. Between those two I should be able to get two workouts a day!!
  • nichole325
    Options
    I'm in! I'm working on the Couch to 5K program, and doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Even though 30DS will end (maybe) in April, I have plenty of other stuff to keep me moving. Including my 2 favorite mooches (my friends' dogs).

I was actually going to start the C25K program and the shred (again, lol) on April 1. Between those two I should be able to get two workouts a day!!

I do C25K too, I'll probably start the program over and do that the whole month of April in the mornings. I just can't get myself to do 30DS everyday even though people have had amazing results with it!
  • jerseymom2gbsb
    Options
    Just the challenge I needed for the start of Week 3. My first 2 weeks I focused on making smarter food choices and tracking calories faithfully. That was easy. For whatever reason I didn't want to calorie track and exercise from Day 1 because I didn't want to overwhelm myself until I knew I had my eating under control. This is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. But confident now that I can realistically do both without it feeling like a burden. With that said....I AM IN!!! It is 70 degrees here and a beautiful day to walk/jog.

Is there a plan to do a daily/weekly check-in until May 1st and post our stats? That would be fun knowing everyone's success - bc we all will be successful. I am starting my challenge at 224 (ugggh I said it out loud!!). Heres to a new number on my next
    weigh-in April 2nd. My goal for May 1st is to be below 215.
  • nichole325
    Options
    Just the challenge I needed for the start of Week 3. My first 2 weeks I focused on making smarter food choices and tracking calories faithfully. That was easy. For whatever reason I didn't want to calorie track and exercise from Day 1 because I didn't want to overwhelm myself until I knew I had my eating under control. This is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. But confident now that I can realistically do both without it feeling like a burden. With that said....I AM IN!!! It is 70 degrees here and a beautiful day to walk/jog.

Is there a plan to do a daily/weekly check-in until May 1st and post our stats? That would be fun knowing everyone's success - bc we all will be successful. I am starting my challenge at 224 (ugggh I said it out loud!!). Heres to a new number on my next
    weigh-in April 2nd. My goal for May 1st is to be below 215.

Posting our results would be awesome! I am trying to invite you to the group I created but it is not letting me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4199-april-challenge-two-workouts-a-day
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I will join !! Im going to walk an extra 20 mins everyday This will be the push i need to lose 10lbs for the month of April !!! So this is starting April 1 st , what is the weigh-in days? or is it gonna be what we lost at the end of the month?
  • nichole325
    Options
    I will join !! Im going to walk an extra 20 mins everyday This will be the push i need to lose 10lbs for the month of April !!! So this is starting April 1 st , what is the weigh-in days? or is it gonna be what we lost at the end of the month?

I think we can record a month's loss, or we can do weekly..whatever works for me! Join the group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4199-april-challenge-two-workouts-a-day
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing this! Nice to see others wanting to do it too!
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    i'll do it! I hate running in public though! guess i just gotta get over it! x
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me. Mon/Wed/Fri I go to a personal trainer, so Tues/Thurs and weekends I'll walk with my kids and my dog or do some cardio at home. Stationary bike at night :)
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i'm in! Jogging in the am and workout or class in the evening! Sign me Up...I already have to be up at 6 to be at work on time so I guess I will not get up at 5:15 am. What we do to reach our goals... ;)
  • srhula
    srhula Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need a challenge. Going on a cruise in May.
  • stringqueen16
    Options
    I've been trying to get on this bandwagon for months now...think I'll actually do it now. Count me in.
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I will do walking or jogging in the morning and a work out after I get home from work in the evening.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

I seriously don't know how people work out during their lunch. I go for SLOW walks during my lunch break...but actually working out I could never do, I sweat SO SO bad!

We have showers. But, I work in a very conservative and professional environment and I have tattoos all over my body. No way I can use the gym. It's almost a tragedy because it's free. I've been trying to figure out a way to make it work. Like, getting dressed in a stall, wearing long sleeve dri fit shirts, then getting undressed and dressed in the shower when done. i don't know. It's a free gym though. Seems like a shame. too bad society sucks.