getting Started

Options
I will be starting this program tomorrow. My goal is to lose 65lbs. I need to get healthy for me and my family.

Replies

• the_energy
    Options
    Welcome :) good luck on your journey and feel free to add :)
  • katduck8
    katduck8 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi ! I started today and did well. Good luck to us both as we begin this journey.
  • Missalybelle
    Missalybelle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    welcome! i just started on here last week and it's been a HUGE help. good luck!
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi there all newcommers,

I've been following MFP for just over a month now and finding it a great help.
    Although I feel as though I'm losing really slowly, I'm starting to realise that
    this is the way to do it for a long term change.

I'm aiming for 60 lbs and anyone who wants to give and get support, feel free
    to add me

All the best on your weight loss journey
    Nicola x
  • walbird101272
    Options
    Thank everyone for your support. i wish you all good luck as well. Day one is going well. Walked 20 minutes today and eating healthier.
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    Hi hun good luck feel free to add:-)
  • Justducky83
    Justducky83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there. My name is Holly, I started this journey about over a week ago now and I have lost 6 pounds. I am a mother to three wonderful kids, but like most normal woman, I gained a little more weight each pregnancy. I was never as heavy as I am now even through the pregnancies and now that my kids are older it just has become very troubling. I quit smoking about three years ago and I think that is when I noticed the extra weight creeping up. Needless to say to be where I need/want to be I need to lose 85 pounds. I was doing my best to say I wanted to get rid of it, I tried all kinds of workouts, but I didn't think I could battle the food part, that is until I found this site and I will say its something I can and am doing now!! I finally feel hopeful that this is something I can do! And that is so exciting to me. I also have a goal to work for, my best friends wedding is in October and I really want to work my butt off before then so I can feel great in the dress I have to wear. I know I am not the only woman out there that feels terrible when it comes to taking pictures and buying new clothes when you feel your not at the weight you need to be. SO I will just end this by saying I am looking forward to getting to my goal and seeing many others do the same!! Good luck to each and everyone of you!