I have a stupid calorie question

Options
busymom74
busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
I need to give my 3 dogs baths tonight and I was wondering how I should put that in my excercise. Trust me, it's def. excercise of some kind. I have to do it one at a time and make sure they don't escape and scrub them at least twice. (They like mud.) :noway: :grumble:

Would it be general aerobics or moderate cleaning or what?

Thanks!

Replies

• nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    I vote you put it under moderate cleaning.
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I second that vote! Now its official.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    moderate cleaning....:happy:
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... I don't log extra chores as exercise.

Should I?
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    id put it at moderate cleaning unless your dogs struggle like mine do lol then id put heavy and vigorous cleaning:tongue:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    id put it at moderate cleaning unless your dogs struggle like mine do lol then id put heavy and vigorous cleaning:tongue:

:noway: just stay in the tub!! Is it that hard? I quite enjoy a bubble bath, you'd think my dog would too...but :grumble:

I say log it under moderate.
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    well my dogsare huge and hate baths,
  • busymom74
    Options
    lol Ok, moderate cleaning it is. I really need people to stop outbidding me on ebay so I can get my hrm. :angry:

ma9231, I'm only logging it because I only do it once every two weeks and it is A LOT of extra work. :grumble:

OhLaceyOh, I'd bet that they struggle at least the same amount as yours. lol After I bathe them I have to take a shower because I'm soaked and smell like wet dog from pushing them back in the tub. They act like I'm killing them. :noway: :ohwell:
  • anastasia
    anastasia Posts: 9
    Options
    strength trainin or resistance training, deoending on how resistant your dogs are! I have two dogs and it is a lot of lifting and restraining.
  • hamak13
    hamak13 Posts: 11
    Options
    Select swimming, then divide your dog washing time by half, since you are only using half your body. This is the best way I can think of it!
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Should I?

Neither do I...hmmm...
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Should I?

Neither do I...hmmm...

It is clear that neither of you have ever tried to wash an uncooperative canine!!:laugh: :laugh: IT REALLY is strenuous if the dog is not a willing participant.

I don't know how to answer the logging question. The prior suggestions all sound fine to me, but I DO know that it IS extra work. I have a Lhasa Apso who acts like a sumo wrestler if I put her in the tub. My Shih tzu is an uncanny shape shifter who can make himself about impossible to pick up.:noway:

My doggie groomer and I are on a first name basis.:laugh: Fortunately, my spoiled babies don't get dirty too fast, so a trip to the groomer every 6 or 7 weeks and I can avoid the messy and challenging activity you are about to participate in. Good luck and Happy Washing!!:flowerforyou:
  • melissalynnlarue
    melissalynnlarue Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think that depending on how much cleaning you do, i.e. if it's every day, you would just adjust your initial settings for your activity level - i.e. light, moderate, etc. If you only do a vigorous house-cleaning once every couple of weeks, then yes, you could log it as extra.

The dog-washing? Definintely moderate housework!! But I have to say I did like the swimming scenario... ha ha!
  • bikegirl777
    Options
    It is clear that neither of you have ever tried to wash an uncooperative canine!!:laugh: :laugh: IT REALLY is strenuous if the dog is not a willing participant.

I used to have a dog like that.
    I'd log it under mud or alligator wrestling.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Select swimming, then divide your dog washing time by half, since you are only using half your body. This is the best way I can think of it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think this idea is great! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I like the swimming suggetion. lol too funny!
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I used to have a dog like that.
    I'd log it under mud or alligator wrestling.

I second this!!! :bigsmile:
  • proctor0828
    proctor0828 Posts: 179
    Options
    I don't log it, it's my extra calories burned.... I live in a 2 story house and I don't even log the zillion times I run up and down the stairs a day
  • proctor0828
    proctor0828 Posts: 179
    Options
    I don't log it, it's my extra calories burned.... I live in a 2 story house and I don't even log the zillion times I run up and down the stairs a day

oh also ... I DO have a big dog that doesn't like her baths, and I do it outside so I have to chase after her aswell