Add these to your shopping list NOW

Options
femmi1120
femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
3 things I've discovered recently that I can't believe I've been living without.

1.) Brummel and Brown butter made with nonfat yogurt
My mom picked this up at the store and, since I have a habit of filtering out the crap she puts into our cart, promptly announced that she "doesn't care how many calories are in it because she tried it at a friend's house and it was delicious and she's taking it!"

So of course, I had to check..

Only 45 cals per Tbsp!!!!!! And she wasn't kidding, this stuff is amazing. Better than any butter spread out there!

2.) Torani sugar free syrup.
We just bought raspberry to flavor sugar free iced tea. Tastes just like the sugary restaurant versions for 0 cals!

3.) Coconut Water
Being a native Brazilian, straight-out-of-the-coconut water on the beach is one thing I miss in the US, but I have found some passable substitutes w/o added chemicals. O.N.E brand is the one I like, but there are a few good ones like vitacoco and c2o. It's the perfect snack for me since I'm perpetually dehydrated and hate regular water and as an added bonus, it's loaded with nutrients and super filling for very few cals! Just remember to check the ingredients!

Replies

• newnormal2010
    Options
    Bump
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I also love the Toriani syrups (Brown sugar and cinnamon is my fav right now)! I can make a copy cat version of a skinny cinnamon dolce latte at home that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Some of my other favs:

Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Mix (israeli coucous, red quinoa, baby garbonzo beans, etc......amazing!)
    PB2...Powdered peanut butter (you can get in online or at health food stores)
    Better-n-Butter (100 cals for TWO TBS of peanut butter....waaaa? love it!)
    Chia seeds....so weird but cool!
    Wickles pickles (hot, sweet, garlic-y and all in one bite!)
    Trader Joe's Daily Bread (sodium free)....I could not believe they actually make a sprouted bread without any sodium!
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    3 things I've discovered recently that I can't believe I've been living without.

1.) Brummel and Brown butter made with nonfat yogurt
    My mom picked this up at the store and, since I have a habit of filtering out the crap she puts into our cart, promptly announced that she "doesn't care how many calories are in it because she tried it at a friend's house and it was delicious and she's taking it!"

So of course, I had to check..

Only 45 cals per Tbsp!!!!!! And she wasn't kidding, this stuff is amazing. Better than any butter spread out there!

2.) Torani sugar free syrup.
    We just bought raspberry to flavor sugar free iced tea. Tastes just like the sugary restaurant versions for 0 cals!

3.) Coconut Water
    Being a native Brazilian, straight-out-of-the-coconut water on the beach is one thing I miss in the US, but I have found some passable substitutes w/o added chemicals. O.N.E brand is the one I like, but there are a few good ones like vitacoco and c2o. It's the perfect snack for me since I'm perpetually dehydrated and hate regular water and as an added bonus, it's loaded with nutrients and super filling for very few cals! Just remember to check the ingredients!

I love Torani syrups as well, and Amazon has the best price on them!!

I'm a native Brazilian as well! :)
  • femmi1120
    Options
    I also love the Toriani syrups (Brown sugar and cinnamon is my fav right now)! I can make a copy cat version of a skinny cinnamon dolce latte at home that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Some of my other favs:

Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Mix (israeli coucous, red quinoa, baby garbonzo beans, etc......amazing!)
    Trader Joe's Daily Bread (sodium free)....I could not believe they actually make a sprouted bread without any sodium!

I WANT A TRADER JOE'S IN MY CITY SOOOOO BAD :'(

And I'm intrigued by this better n butter... Where do you get it? And please don't say TJ or I might actually cry for real :)
  • femmi1120
    Options
    I'm a native Brazilian as well! :)

Neat! You should add me (:
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try the TJ's sodium free bread....yumm! I love the Torani's sugar free raspberry myself. We love Italian Sodas and use the sugar free syrups to make them calorie free.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options

Some of my other favs:

I WANT A TRADER JOE'S IN MY CITY SOOOOO BAD :'(

And I'm intrigued by this better n butter... Where do you get it? And please don't say TJ or I might actually cry for real :)

TJ's is awesome! AND yes, that is where I got the better-n-butter. ...BUT......I have also found it at health food stores (It is not a TJ's brand at least)....I hope you find it....it is soooo good! Maybe you can find it on-line?
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Brummel and Brown fan too! I got my fiance hooked and it's pretty much the only "butter" we buy now.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump