Need a new hobby for summer - what's yours?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've recently been hiking Mount Tam and Mount Diablo and then go get a nice juicy burger as my reward afterwards.
  • northfresh
    northfresh Posts: 111
    Options
    Looks like you're already into it, but hiking is my summer thing. I actually love hiking through the snow in the winter, too.

Summer is race season, and I sure as hell get a workout in at the track, running parts, lifting/changing wheels...
  • SarzWix
    SarzWix Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I grow veggies on 1/8th of an acre. Perfect hobby for anyone who loves food, but wants to be healthy and fit. Digging burns a heck of a lot of cals, and *nothing* tastes better than freshly pulled carrots, and peas fresh out of the pod :happy:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I would like to try out gardening once and for all.

Indoor or outdoor? I may or may not have some knowledge concerning certain gardening techniques...

outdoor. the yard is a total mess, but it's also basically a clean slate. would like to put in some raised beds and some veggies. and, sadly, probably get rid of my hops since i'm not brewing these days.

OMG - you're such a nerd :heart:

They teach indoor growing in public school here (NO JOKE) in 2nd grade. My daughter could get you all set up :wink:

That is really cool! Hell I'd like to take a class on how NOT to kill a house plant...than graduate to growing veggies.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    depending on where you live MT BIKING! best outdoor activity ever :) Awesome cardio workout and if you're on the right kind of trails it'll just kill your muslces as well! arms abs and legs! plus you're outside, you're hauling *kitten*, blasting music all the way...

man i can't wait for this PNW rain to stop already!!! i miss my bike!!!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Summer is race season, and I sure as hell get a workout in at the track, running parts, lifting/changing wheels...

Wow, that's not something everyone gets to do. Awesome!