Weight loss plateau?

Options
I feel like I've hit a screeching halt with my weight loss. Are there any tips out there to help it get going again? I feel like I haven't changed anything...

Replies

• mrscrone02
    mrscrone02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you increased your exercise at all? Try adding 5 - 10 extra minutes per day you exercise.
  • erickaincminor
    erickaincminor Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll try that, thanks!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    more water maybe? and add some fiber?
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too and I realized I wasn't eating enough. I increased my cals from 1200 to 1300-1400 and increased my exercise a little and sure enough the weight started coming off again!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories a bit, that worked for me and I started losing again
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I just read an article on beach body to stagger the calories. To up a few hundred then down every day for a week or so. I haven't plateaued but plan to use that when it happens :)
  • ksalmon1998
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds...increase your cals. I thought it was stupid but I hit a plateau for about 2 wks & was told to increase cals. I did & the following wk, I had lost 3 lbs. Good Luck. Feel free to add
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't public, so it's hard to give dietary advice. What kind of workouts are you doing? How often?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    First of all:

How long have you been stalled in terms of weeks and has it been a complete stall out or just a slowdown? What pace were you losing at prior to this?
  • Kenantes
    Kenantes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What are your eating habits like? I eat healthy and clean the entire week but have a "cheat day" which can consist of one cheat meal, snacks, or cheating the entire day. It shocks the system, speeds up your metabolism......and gives me something to look forward to!!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Try HIIT training.... get that metabolism going again.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

(Scroll down to "So how can we overcome this while maximizing fat loss?")
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What are your eating habits like? I eat healthy and clean the entire week but have a "cheat day" which can consist of one cheat meal, snacks, or cheating the entire day. It shocks the system, speeds up your metabolism......and gives me something to look forward to!!

^^YES...This exactly!!