Thanks to MFP and heavy lifting (pic - 33 lbs lost)

Options
deekaydee
deekaydee Posts: 158 Member
I'm 35, 5'7", mom to three kids ages 3, 4 and 7.

I joined MFP last August, at my highest weight of 182. Logging my food certainly helped me to make better choices, but I've not ever restricted any type of food throughout my entire journey. Since then, I've eaten anywhere from 1500 - 1900 calories per day, and generally ate most of my exercise calories back. When I hit a plateau at about 170, I spend two weeks on maintenance, then went back to a small deficit, and starting losing again.

About four months ago, I started weightlifting. I spent about three months doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women program, but recently switched to Stronglifts 5x5. I love it, and saw more results in my body composition due to weightlifting then I ever did through running. (I've been a runner for quite some time, ran my first mini-marathon a year ago before losing any weight.)

My workouts are generally 35-45 minutes per day, 6 days a week:

M: weightlifting
T: interval running
W: weightlifting
Th: treadmill incline work and/or cross-training (usually rower)
F: weightlifting
S: rest
S: steady-state run

I'm not 100% to goal yet, but have stopped paying as much attention to the scale and am focusing on fitness related goals. I run races regularly and try to sign up for one each month -- usually adventure-type races. I'll be doing my first triathlon this May.

To date, I've lost 33 pounds and am now 149.

428027_933411079874_32311063_37714636_567501575_n-1-1-1.jpg

Replies

• rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hot mama! Nice work!!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    i think you even look younger! cheers to all your hard work! :drinker:
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats!
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous!! Your hard work paid off and has inspired me to keep going strong!
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! Lots of hard work and commitment pays off. I hope that you are proud of your accomplishments. :smile:
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You look great! I would kill for your legs! LOL Great job!! :wink:
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    wow! great job! this is inspiring, as just two weeks ago I started more lifting. thanks for posting!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, 5'7", mom to three kids ages 3, 4 and 7.

I joined MFP last August, at my highest weight of 182. Logging my food certainly helped me to make better choices, but I've not ever restricted any type of food throughout my entire journey. Since then, I've eaten anywhere from 1500 - 1900 calories per day, and generally ate most of my exercise calories back. When I hit a plateau at about 170, I spend two weeks on maintenance, then went back to a small deficit, and starting losing again.

About four months ago, I started weightlifting. I spent about three months doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women program, but recently switched to Stronglifts 5x5. I love it, and saw more results in my body composition due to weightlifting then I ever did through running. (I've been a runner for quite some time, ran my first mini-marathon a year ago before losing any weight.)

My workouts are generally 35-45 minutes per day, 6 days a week:

M: weightlifting
    T: interval running
    W: weightlifting
    Th: treadmill incline work and/or cross-training (usually rower)
    F: weightlifting
    S: rest
    S: steady-state run

I'm not 100% to goal yet, but have stopped paying as much attention to the scale and am focusing on fitness related goals. I run races regularly and try to sign up for one each month -- usually adventure-type races. I'll be doing my first triathlon this May.

To date, I've lost 33 pounds and am now 149.

Screenshot2012-03-19at61350AM.png

Wow, incredible! Even with that hat. LOL ;-)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Wow, look at you go! Amazing!
  • deekaydee
    Options

Wow, incredible! Even with that hat. LOL ;-)

ha! in that picture I was actually dressed in character for a murder mystery party, it's not my usual attire. :smile:
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You look younger too!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You.Look.Great. All of your hard work has paid off and byt the way the hat looks pretty cool even if it isn't your normal attire!Lol...
  • naturallyhazel
    naturallyhazel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Do you weightlift in a gym or at home? How many pounds?
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You look great.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Wowser! That's awesome - congrats on your success!
  • deekaydee
    Options
    You look amazing! Do you weightlift in a gym or at home? How many pounds?

Thank you. I lift in a gym. With Stronglifts, I'm doing 5 basic lifts - squat, bench, overhead press, deadlift, barbell row. Right now I'm at 115 squat, 130 deadlift.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Wonderful job. Weight lifting makes all the difference. I am going to start this summer, after my shoulder gets some rest from being injured. I don't mind being heavy, I just want to be compact!!

Keep up the great work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!