any low calorie breakfast & lunch?

Options
13»

Replies

• healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I either go with a protein shake (I like Shakeology) or oatmeal.
  • shannoni_23
    Options
    oh! forgot lunch! I use either Pepperidge Farm thin sliced bread (73 cal for 2 slices) or Natures Own Double Fiber (100 cal for 2 slices) and make a turkey (60 cal for 2 -3slices) sandwich or turkey burger made with 99% fat free ground turkey (120cal/1g fat) and I eat baby carrots (35 cal) or half a raw red pepper (15 cal) and fruit-grapes, pineapple, cantelope, etc (about 50-75 cal worth). My lunch usually adds up to about 230-260 cal.
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    bump
  • kshane3355
    Options
    Couple of different things...
    Mash up one banana, spread on plain rice cake and sprinkle with chopped nuts
    Kashi GoLean Toasted Berry Crunch (with low-fat milk, almond milk or add hot water for an "oatmeal")
    Advocare Meal Replacement bars (I can help you with that or just go to www.advocare.com)
    Those are my favorites
  • jbcharles
    jbcharles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bowl of wheat bran cereal with lite soy milk and 1/2 grapefruit
  • hidaya
    hidaya Posts: 1
    Options
    Slim fast smoothie in a TALL glass/cup of ice.
  • meredithmccandless
    Options
    all fruit smoothie (fresh banana, pineapple, kiwi, frozen strawberries, grapefruit juice) = 200cal (ish)
    hardboiled eggs
    fage 0% with homemade granola
    homemade banana oatmeal pecan bread
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    an egg on toast with jam is about 300 calories and pretty filling if you're like me and not too hungry in the mornings
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can't live without my cereal, it's actually my favourite meal of the day! I like to mix it up so sometimes I'll have cornflakes, rice bubbles or oats and then when occassionally I'll treat myself to my fav macadamia and honey cereal.

I have read that a breakfast rich in protein is best though so an omellette or baked beans are good options.
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is a breakfast I really like and it is less than 300 calories.
    1 whole egg and 2 egg whites...beat.
    1 Tablespoon of shredded Parmasan Cheese
    6 cooked asparagus spears
    1 Tablespoon of medium hot salsa

Heat skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour in eggs. Cook until the top is damp. Add cheese and asparagus, fold over, turn off heat. Add salsa on top of omelet. Cover and finish cooking to taste. Serve with Thomas 100 calorie English Muffin with 1Tablespoon of Smucker's no sugar jam.
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thin bagels are cool. Only 110 calories for the whole thing and you can always eat only half. Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties: two equal only 130 calories and again you could eat just one and only eating the egg whites really lowers the calories. I don't eat breakfast or at least not often only two cups of coffee with creamer. It may not be the best approach but I don't want to end up at dinner with no calories left because I stay up late and that's the time problems arise if you don't eat a good dinner.
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Quinoa Buckwheat Pancakes (gluten free)

Quinoa Flour (3/8 cup, 42 grams, or 1/4 cup milled quinoa)
    Buckwheat Flour (1/4 cup, 28 grams, or two tablespoons milled buckwheat groats)
    1 tablespoon pure cane sugar
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon corn starch
    1 extra large egg
    1/2 cup milk
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon salt

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, beat together all liquid ingredients and add them to the dry. Let them rest at room temperature while you make coffee or you can make them in advance and refrigerate.

Recipe yields 8 ounces of batter about twelve measured tablespoon pancakes. They brown up nicely and don't fall apart. I eat them with a little honey. I run quinoa and buckwheat through my Omega juicer with the grain mill attachment.

Recipe is for two servings (six small cakes per serving), each serving contains:

235 Calories, 35 carbs, 6 fats, 10 protein, 3 fiber, 2 saturated fat
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good but I would have to leave out the yolks.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Breakfast
    Egg beaters 1/4 cup - 25 calories
    Jimmy Dean Sausage 1 pattie - 60 calories
    Lite Wheat Hamburger bun - 80 calories
    Hubby likes just a smear of mayo and its a fast and easy and filling breakfast sandwich without all the fat.

If you are an egg person, the egg beaters are so low cal and no cholestorol. You can substitute a slice of canadian bacon or ham and even add low fat cheese if you like.

Lunch
    Grilled chicken salad - Shredded lettuce, 2 grilled chicken tenders (cut up and added to the lettuce) boiled egg whites from one egg, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, tomatoes, low fat dressing ( I like mine plain) About 250 calories without dressing.

Turkey burger 170 calories
    Lite Wheat hamburger bun 80 calories
    Add the veggies you like very low cal lunch....