It's such a sad day!

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
:frown:

I'm sorry to bring such a depressing subject but i'm just so sad today. I have been apart of another message board for over two years now. A friend on the board woke up this morning to find her 7 month old son not breathing. It's devestating.

I have gone to this board for a long time and i'm emotionally connected with these people (I'm sure you understand) and today my heart is broken for this lady.

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Replies

• lina1131
    Options

I'm sorry to bring such a depressing subject but i'm just so sad today. I have been apart of another message board for over two years now. A friend on the board woke up this morning to find her 7 month old son not breathing. It's devestating.

I have gone to this board for a long time and i'm emotionally connected with these people (I'm sure you understand) and today my heart is broken for this lady.

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for her loss:frown: :brokenheart:
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    Oh my gosh. That is just horrible!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine the grief she must feel. Give her our sympathies and I'll keep her in my prayers tonight. I hope she finds the strength to deal with this. I really do. I'm so sorry. Was it SIDS?
  • lina1131
    Options
    As a mother it makes me put myself in her shoes and I have been crying all day. I just can not imagine the heartbreak she is going through.:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • lina1131
    Options
    We have not heard exactly what happened. She called the moderator of the board screaming and crying while the ambulance was trying to revive her son (she is divorced and has no one, literally and we are a very close group of people). The moderator said she could hear the sirens and all the chaos in the background.

Her name is Sherry and her baby's name is Drake. May God lift Drake in to his arms and give Sherry strength to stay strong during this difficult time.

Hug your loved ones.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I don't know her, but my heart breaks for her too. :brokenheart: Prayers for her and her family.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Today, he is in the loving arms of the Lord.
    On earth he was limited, so God reached down, gave him a pair of wings and now he can fly.
    I do not know her pain, And I can not begain to understand the reasons that sad things happen.
    But I will pray for her, And for you as well. :cry: :brokenheart:
    The closest thing I can even say came from the poem "FOOTPRINTS"
    "It is at times like this,That I carried you."
    --Diann...
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Oh my god, that's awful! As a mother of an 8 month old, it makes my stomach drop reading this. My thoughts are with you and your friend.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :cry: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's baby. As a parent, I couldn't even imagine how I would cope with losing a child, especially a baby. I think the only consolation would be in knowing that the baby is in Heaven. Please let your friend know that so many people are praying for her. :cry:
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Please pass on our prayers. :brokenheart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Oh my Lord!! I cannot even imagine going through something like that!!!! That has been the biggest fear of mine since I had my son 16 1/2 months ago! May God bless them all!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your friend. Words cannot express my sorrow for her.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    This is breaking my heart.
    Let her know that she is in our prayers.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    Options
    Thank you all for your prayers. Our board is all getting together and collecting funds for her to help her through this rough time. As a single mother, she needs it. We have collected over $800 so far. Everyone on that board is so wonderful. We have just as many wonderful people here too!

Thank you all.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. They are in our thoughts and prayers.:heart:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My prayers for you and your friend, may God send His angels to comfort you both during your sorrow. I believe all children are God's children and Drake is with his Heavenly Father now. I have no words that can take the pain away, I am very sorry my heart breaks for you both. God will hear all the prayers and will be there for you and her both. :heart:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I truely cannot even imagine our prayers and thoughts are with her and her family. So sorry for her loss.:flowerforyou:
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    :brokenheart: :cry: :brokenheart: :cry:
    I'm praying for her. That is the worst thing imaginable to any parent. I have two 10yr olds....I just can't imagine the sadness & darkness she is in. My heart bleeds for her!!!
  • lina1131
    Options
    She is getting a lot of support from us. So far we have raised over $1700 plus a member of our board paid her rent for the month. The last thing she needs to worry about is money right now.

Thanks for the prayers, you guys are wonderful.
  • ChrisM
    ChrisM Posts: 17
    Options
    Please give her my sympathy. I am new to this site but I can speak from experience I lost my 23yr old son 3 years ago this past 2-23. I know it is easier said then done but I live my life the way he would of wanted me too I have 2 girls 11 & 14 who adored him and they were his pride and joy they were extremely close. Him and I were extremely close and not a day goes by that I don't miss him and the only advise I would have to her is take one day at time.