Hungry girl?

Options
Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories

Has anyone seen this book or used it? Was wondering if its got some good things for weight loss or just a bunch of crap in small portions?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just bought it and it looks great!! My only problem is a lot of the stuff they want you to use is only sold in the US, and I live in Canada.:sad:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    I really want the book but my budget is SOOO LOW right now I would be stupid to spend the extra money :sad: But eventually I would like to get it becuase i've heard it has lots of great recipes and ideas in there! If you do get the book you should share some of the recipes with your great friends on MFP :wink:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I went racing to Target to buy it when I heard it was available. I stood in the store and looked the book over cover to cover and decided not to buy it b/c of all the packaged and processed foods in the recipes. If you try to eat mostly whole foods, I would not recommend this book.
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just bought it and it looks great!! My only problem is a lot of the stuff they want you to use is only sold in the US, and I live in Canada.:sad:

I think I will pick it up if it really looks good. I will be sure to share too!
    I went racing to Target to buy it when I heard it was available. I stood in the store and looked the book over cover to cover and decided not to buy it b/c of all the packaged and processed foods in the recipes. If you try to eat mostly whole foods, I would not recommend this book.

Ohh although I am not a fan of processed and packaged foods... I think I will check it out... anyone else weigh in on this? Thanks guys!
  • angelae39
    angelae39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the book and I like it. Yes, it does have a lot of processed foods, but they are still better choices then I was making before. I am using it more as a stepping stone, adding fresh fruit on the side etc. I am single so I like that a lot of the meals are single servings.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    it is amazing, small portions indeed but they are all great, two items make a great meal and some of the portions are actually pretty big. The Big Fat Blueberry Muffins are one of my favs, less than 150 cals each I think and its a real muffin size portion.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I love it. Some of the recipes I use exactly, and some I use as a guide and make substitutions. I just like that it gets me thinking! :wink:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

yeah ive got that prob too, but you can still find low cal alternative...not as low cal, but low cal enough!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i recommend it whole heartedly, i love her blc wrap...it's the most yummy thing i have ever eaten...ever!
  • hungrybear
    hungrybear Posts: 45
    Options
    I love this book! I tried a few of the recipes and they taste great! I also use it as a reference on ideas. I modified some recipes and add in or take out whatever I don't like. The only down side is that some of the ingredients in it are expensive.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i have it, and so far, i've only made a couple of the cupcake recipes, but they were both REALLY good.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    There are recipes on the hungry girl website too. The ones in the book are different, but you can look at the website to get some other ideas.

www.hungry-girl.com