Have you worn your weight loss?

Options
cekeys
cekeys Posts: 397 Member
I was watching an old episode of Biggest Loser the other day and a feature they do every few seasons is make the contestants wear a backpack or weighted suit loaded with the amount they've lost.

Have you done this? Have you grabbed a backpack, loaded with books or bricks or something and walked around with it to make you realize how much you've lost?

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i carried that weight around for years..i really dont want to be reminded how heavy it was!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i haven't....but that could be very motivating!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I haven't and wouldn't look forward to doing so but if I did, I'm sure I could just load up my husband's army gear and give it a go.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    No, but I can see how that would make you stand up and take notice!

12854723.png
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I was watching an old episode of Biggest Loser the other day and a feature they do every few seasons is make the contestants wear a backpack or weighted suit loaded with the amount they've lost.

Have you done this? Have you grabbed a backpack, loaded with books or bricks or something and walked around with it to make you realize how much you've lost?

Sort of. I walked the track for a mile with my 10 year old daughter on my back. She's still about 10lbs less than what I've lost but it's close and MAN, how did I used to move?? I didn't, and that was the problem.
  • thordisintho
    thordisintho Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yes, I actually have. I'm a photographer and last year I lost 8kgs/ 17lbs and my photography gear backpack, when fully loaded actually weighs that. I live on the fourth floor (8th landing) and I could NOT believe how heavy that thing was! It was a real eye opener!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I carry dumbbells now for when I do my squats, and with them in hand I am just slightly over what I used to weigh. I couldn't do squats back then really, and now I see why.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Hmm. I never really considered trying. Probably a rewarding feeling
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have lost exactly the amount my 4 year old weighs, and occasionally I pick him up and go "b****y hell!"
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    I have planned that that is going to be my penalty if I ever over eat unconsciously again. So far it would be 23 lbs. I dont want them back on me, do I?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have done something similar, though not intentionally. I bought a 20 lb weighted vest to increase the intesity of my workout. I've lost 27 lb but that vest is friggin' heavy.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have lost exactly the amount my 4 year old weighs, and occasionally I pick him up and go "b****y hell!"
    This...my 4 yr. old weighs 42 lbs. she rides on my back frequently.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have not worn it. But I bought 20 pounds of new plates the other day for my dumbells and carried them up the stairs. I was actually shocked that I used to carry that all the time. Felt good to put them down.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Not really but.... I lost 46lbs and I have two kids - a 6yr old who weighs 52lbs and a 3yr old who weighs 32lbs. I have carried them sleeping to their beds (one at a time!!) up 15 steps. Let me tell ya my 52 pound child is heavy!!! I am winded when I get to the top of the steps!!!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    When I go to Target sometimes I'll go back to the weights area and pick up the amount equal to what I've lost.
    Of course I don't have the arm strength to hold that weight, so I'm just like "How the heck did I ever hold that on me!?"
  • MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    I can't lift that much, I'd put my back out. Oh, wait.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    My shopping probably weights 54lbs haha.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I've thought about it while carrying 30-35 pounds of pet food or cat litter.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    No but I think thats a great idea!
    Off to find 40 pounds of something. :bigsmile:
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Me with the kids, too, whenever I carry one (42 pounds) or the other (35 pounds) up the stairs, I wonder how I made it upstairs at all. (That would equal me at my highest pregnancy weight, and usually I was carrying the "little one" up the stairs with me, too.) And since my baby isn't crawling yet and a healthy 21 pounds, she constantly reminds me of how much I've lost. I was stronger than I thought, eh?