It doesn't happen overnight, so be proud of yourself today :

Options
2»

Replies

• ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I feel great for helping everyone out! I know I need encouraging words a lot sometimes myself. We ALL do. It's so hard to do this alone and that's why I love MFP. :)
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I commend you on this post! I agree with you 100%!! :bigsmile:

Our body has taken months/years to get to the point that we decide to do something about it. Its not about a diet.... it is about a change in our lifestyle. I see exercise as a requirement to care for my body everyday. Just like we brush our teeth, take a shower/bath, paint our fingernails (girls), and last but not least eat.

I have changed my foods for healthy ones.... left the fast food cycle of unhealthy foods, no fried foods, portion sizes and yes calorie counting. I know that everyone wants to see the scale move.... but don't forget that when you begin exercising with cardio and even with weight training.... that you body is going through internal changes. Muscle weighs more than fat. You need to strengthen your muscles so that they burn more fat. So many, too many, get frustrated in a few weeks. But, focus on what your doing for your body. Your scale is not the only thing that you should look for results at. NSV (non scale victories) are so awesome. With time you will see more and more of them. I feel so good after I work out. Listen to your body. Try new things. Make it fun. I just began a yoga class that showed me that so many muscles I have not been using and need to use. I do regular weight training and cardio exercise at the gym and yet yoga showed me a new way to relax and stretch. I was nervous to start that class but I feel such a reward after each hour long class.

I am proud of myself. I count on my friends at MFP for support. I get family support but at certain functions I have to count on me. It is up to me what I put into my mouth. I don't let anybody influence me to eat something I don't want. Nor do I preach to them about the choices they make to fuel their body with. If somebody asks me...sure I will give advice but I don't push what I am doing on anybody else.

Again I say this post is so wonderful... thank you for it!

12908857.png
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate this encouragement. My weight is stubborn, but my body is getting smaller. I've lost inches and, to keep myself from getting discouraged, I physically CLAIM those smaller measurements as mine, once and for all. I do that by taking in my clothes with the sewing machine. I'm teaching myself to sew as I go along (you can find anything and everything on YouTube LOL).

I took in 9 pairs of pants this last week and LOVE the way I feel. I know it's happening, and as I go to sleep, I envision it continuing in a healthy way. Oh - and FYI I think cold medicine has loads of sodium in it, because I'm retaining water like crazy and I've taken cold meds for the last 4 days.

:-)
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Great post! It is a journey and we had a journey getting here. Great job on your success too. Thanks for a nice positive needed post!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    BIZZUMP! more people need to see this post!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    buuuuump ppl need to see this!
  • pirjo1955
    pirjo1955 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Marissa ! WHO SAID that you're a thread killer..... ? !!!
    Thanks for your kind words, Hon !
    And - today is Day 2 of tracking, and since yesterday morning, I have listened to Tracks 1, 2 and 3 of my Hypnosis CD three times already ! Can you tell that I want to stick with it this time around... ? LOL
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Marissa ! WHO SAID that you're a thread killer..... ? !!!
    Thanks for your kind words, Hon !
    And - today is Day 2 of tracking, and since yesterday morning, I have listened to Tracks 1, 2 and 3 of my Hypnosis CD three times already ! Can you tell that I want to stick with it this time around... ? LOL

Awesome! So glad you are sticking with it and I will keep checking up on you so we can do this together. :)
  • patriotsgirl1
    Options
    Great post! It's not an easy journey losing all that weight each of us has put on over the last few years. Reminding ourselves that it will take time,seems to ease the discouragement. Truly a great post... something that we all need to remind ourselves when we start feeling frustrated. :smile:
  • emilycroww
    Options
    Train insane or stay the same!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Soooooo true!!!!