Stuck!

Options
I have lost 21.5 pounds and I have been stuck there for like three weeks! I have like 20 more to go. I am trying to change up my exercise a bit this week to see if that helps. And I don't go over my calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• bekahtraynor
    Options
    I have lost 21.5 pounds and I have been stuck there for like three weeks! I have like 20 more to go. I am trying to change up my exercise a bit this week to see if that helps. And I don't go over my calories. Any suggestions?
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I lost 12.5 pounds and I have been stuck there for 3 weeks-haven't lost an ounce in three weeks! It's driving me insane. I feel like I'm doing everything right and nothing is coming off. I am losing inches, but you really want to see it on the scale. Have you been measuring yourself? That is what is keeping me going-is knowing that I am at least losing inches. If I don't lose anything this week I am going to have to change something up, just not sure what yet. I know how frustrated you are, but keep it up. I always tell myself I can quit, but then I'll never lose. If I keep going eventually I have to lose something. Good luck! :smile:
  • bekahtraynor
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I have not been measuring myself, I will start that. I know it's frustrating! I know better than to just give up. We will keep on and press on and I KNOW it will come off!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I have found, in my experience, that sometimes at a certain point in weight loss the body just has to take a few weeks and kind of "reset" itself. Maybe get everything back in balance - hormones, etc. Then the weight loss will resume if you are consistant with your lifestyle change. Then, sometimes it just says "yeah, yeah. Been doin' this for awhile, think I'm used to it now and won't lose any more weight with this routine" and you have to shake things up a little. Have a couple hundred extra calories 1 day then go back to normal, add some different exercises, do more or maybe sometimes even less for a few days. Maybe take a week off and play and eat a little extra then go back to your routine. It's amazing what some of the people on this site have done with great success during a "stall out". You will get back to losing weight - be a little patient with your body and keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

have you read this yet? It may help to put things into the right context for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for 2 weeks twice. Once before Easter, (ate some stuff I shouldn't have on Easter) and then next day was weigh in day and LOST A POUND. Then I was stuck again for 2 weeks (this past Sunday had birthday cake AND ice cream cake AND appetizers) and LOST ANOTHER POUND!
    I have been doing this since January and lost 25 pounds so far. I guess my body just needed a little treat!
    Give your body a treat, who knows! It worked for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't plan on doing that everytime I get stuck, but it's a little weird that every time I plateau and it something I really shouldn't, the next time I weigh in, I do down in weight!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It happens. I had lost 23 pounds and then my body was screaming for food. I was thinking maybe I lost the weight too fast and now my body was trying to compensate for it. I went 3 weeks with gaining and losing and gaining and losing. Now my hungry has subsided again and I feel normal again. The last two weeks I have lost and feel good.