Your favorite book?

Options

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Favorite at the moment 50 Shades of Grey! oh my! It's fresh

I just finished it and now am working on Fifty Shades Darker. I like them a lot.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i read biographies from old hollywood days (clark gable, marilyn monroe, rat pack) and from the 80's sunset strip days (guns n roses, motley crue)

one of my fav's is the dirt by motley crue
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    To Kill A Mockingbird
    Call of the Wild
    Anything by Mitch Albom!!!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If you like the Hunger Games, I highly suggest you read "Divergent" by Veronica Roth!! I saw a lot of similiarities between the two, and both were amazing. Divergent is the first book of the series, the second book comes out May 1st! (Insurgent).
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    loved Hunger Games as well! I need to get the sequel...

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King (the first one, The Gunslinger, was meh, but I kept going and loved it)

The Secret Life of Bees (movie was good, but book was better)

Harry Potter series

The People of the Book

The Thirteeth Tale
  • britpam1966
    Options
    My favourite book has to be The Watch That Ends the Night by Morley Callaghan. I love classics, mysteries, etc. I read every day so it would be hard for me to pick favourites out of my best friends, books. :)
  • tiffanyvc
    tiffanyvc Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Wheel of Time books and i really love them! Only on the 3rd one so far so still loads to go.

I made it to the 9th book, but I just couldn't do it anymore. :) It took me about 5 years to get to that point, and there was no end in sight at that time. I do recommend them, but they get more and more complicated as they go. Good luck!
  • b417adriana
    b417adriana Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Any Lisa Garner book is great! They are thriller reads, but super hard to put down!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump -- need some good reads for a long plane ride next month
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    I am reading these awesome books by this new author Kate Quinn: the first was Empress of Rome, now I'm on the second Daughters of Rome very great books especially if you are interested in Roman society A.D. :smile:

Oh yeah and I have also read The House on Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast some more good reads.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Wheel of Time books and i really love them! Only on the 3rd one so far so still loads to go.

Wheel of Time is awesome!! I have a few favorites series, The Rachel Morgan Series by Kim Harrison, the Saga of the Seven Suns is also fantastic. The Sookie Stackhouse mysteries.. I can keep going on and on, I am an avid reader also.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options

I made it to the 9th book, but I just couldn't do it anymore. :) It took me about 5 years to get to that point, and there was no end in sight at that time. I do recommend them, but they get more and more complicated as they go. Good luck!

I am doing them in Audio, and they are performed very well, you may want to check that option out.
  • mynameish
    Options
    some favorite authors:
    Steven Erikson (EPIC fantasy novels)
    Ian Esslemont
    Jim Butcher! (the Dresden files are fast and fun to get into, and just get better; Codex Alera is also really good)
    Stephen King
    Simon Green (although I find his books to get repetitive)
    Neil Gaiman (Neverwhere is a fun one to get lost in)
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games books are amazing! Plum Novels of Janet Evanovich were good at first then as you start getting to book like 14 they become way too predictable.

Jen Lancaster's memoirs are absolutely hilarious! Just the titles still make me giggle;

* Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her *kitten* Look Big; Or, Why Pie Is Not the Answer
    * Bright Lights, Big *kitten*: A Self-Indulgent, Surly Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why it Often Sucks in the City, or Who Are All These Idiots and Why Do They Live Next Door to Me?
    * Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomanical, Self-Centered, Smartass, or Why You Should Never Carry a Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office
  • mudpuddlegirl
    Options
    My all-time favorite classic is Sense & Sensibility! Loved the movie, too!

Just finished listening to Sisterhood Everlasting from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series - interesting twist to tie everything up.

I loved The Help - listened to that one on audio - the narrator did a fantastic job!

If you are looking for a good series for a younger one or yourself - my daughter and I enjoyed The Sisters Grimm - Fairytale Detectives. I loved the way the author used fairytale characters in a modern-day way. The audio versions are great! Once again the narrator did a fantastic job!

Not too long ago I read, The Next Thing on my List by Jill Smolinski - found it inspiring for a fiction book.

I enjoy all of Mitch Albom's books! The Five People You Meet in Heaven would probably be in my top three of his books.

And last, the book that made me think outside of my box... The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
  • mudpuddlegirl
    Options
    Love Jen Lancaster - never laughed so much from reading! :laugh:
  • tiffanyvc
    tiffanyvc Posts: 99
    Options
    I know I'm not supposed to advertise here, but since this is a book thread, I guess I'll throw this out there: I wrote a book. It's called 'Just Jake.' It's young adult fiction, sort of in the vein of 'Catcher in the Rye' or 'She's Come Undone' (which isn't TECHNICALLY young adult fiction, I suppose...).

You can order it in hardcover, softcover, or for your e-reader (Kindle, Nook, etc.) through Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com, or any number of other online retailers.

/shamelessplug

Just downloaded a sample on my phone! :smile:
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm on Goodreads.com also. Right now I am reading the Walking Dead graphic novels (which is my first comic read) and really enjoying them. My favorite book that I have read this year was The Help. I loved the movie and the book was even better. I have also read the HP series 7-8 times. lol.

I am thinking about reading Hunger Games.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    Hunger Games is AWESOME!! Can't wait for you to read all three!! I also can't wait for the movie!!
  • adammartin1
    Options
    Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 by Hunter S. Thompson. One of the few books I can read over and over again and still enjoy.