Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Kinda new here, stupid question to ask....

Ok, so I've been on here for a couple months now, and have lost 18 lbs thus far. I seem to have hit a plateau, no matter how good I am, so a friend recommended that I amp things up a bit. My endurance is getting better, so I figured the best thing for me to do is to start an at home workout, with situps, pushups, jumping jacks etc.... My goal is to work up to a 5K, which I realize may be a year or so in the future, but I would eventually like to do that. Before I do though, my problem is this, and it's rather embarassing: I am a rather large chested girl, and tend to have issues with pain when I jog or jump up and down. Is there anyone with any suggestions as to what I can do to prevent this? I wanted to wrap them with an ace bandage!!! My husband said that would not be a good idea, though. If anyone can come up with some suggestions, I would appreciate it!! Thanks!!

Replies

• helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    As a DD girl myself - the only thing I've been able to do to help keep them from bopping me in the chin as I go up and down the stairs or do jumping jacks etc is to triple sports bra them. I know 3 sounds like alot but it's the only thing that has held them down for me. (2 wasnt enough support)
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    I think the best thing to do is to try to find a place near you where you can get professionally fitted for a sports bra. It can be pricy, but once I was actually fitted (34FF, yikes), I was able to exercise so much more comfortably and take up a run/walk program. It's hard to exercise when you know you'll be in pain in that area. The bra I ended up in (Freya Active) has lasted a long time, as I hand wash them and hang them to dry, so it may be an investment to start, but you'll be glad you did in the end.
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    I think the best thing to do is to try to find a place near you where you can get professionally fitted for a sports bra. It can be pricy, but once I was actually fitted (34FF, yikes), I was able to exercise so much more comfortably and take up a run/walk program. It's hard to exercise when you know you'll be in pain in that area. The bra I ended up in (Freya Active) has lasted a long time, as I hand wash them and hang them to dry, so it may be an investment to start, but you'll be glad you did in the end.

I've never heard of a place that fits you for sports bras! Thats something I might have to look into!!!
  • mtnbluezgirl
    mtnbluezgirl Posts: 12 Member
    I completely agree with and highly recommend a professional bra fitting!! It made all the difference in the world for me as I was wearing a bra two sizes too small!! Do not get cheap bras if you are large chested. I spend $50-60 per bra to get something that flatters and supports me properly. AND....even then, large breast and jumping/hopping just don't always go together! Wacoal's Bodysuede Underwire Bra is my go to for everything best ever bra. I also have a Enell Sports Bra that I purchased after seeing a recommendation from Oprah and while it is super supportive and keeps me from bouncing with the rest of my body, it is so uncomfortable that I don't wear it on a regular basis.....Only for classes where I know I will be moving a lot. If you want to totally control your "movement", Enell is the way to go and they are not a cheap date but again....the good bras are not the cheap bras!

Hope that helps!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I am not that huge but my breasts are "heavy" for their size (D cup). I recently bought a Moving Comfort Women's Maia Bra from Amazon based solely on the reviews, which were mostly from very large chested women. I love it. It kind of feels like an ace bandage, but it keeps the girls from moving when I run or do Zumba.