Have you worn your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could physically walk around carrying 150+ pounds of extra weight - and I'm not quite sure how I did it before! However, I regularly squat the amount of weight I've lost (and more) and it's a killer!

That's amazing.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Great idea... might have to go for a hike at the end of the month and try that!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I did this a while ago - just with a weigh vest.... I was around 40lbs down and the weight vest only held about 35lbs..... but it felt so heavy - so I can't imagine wearing the 107lbs I've lost at this point!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Everytime I carry my oldest piggy-back I'm reminded of the weight I used to feel on my knees/hips/ankles :glasses:
  • mrsferges
    Options
    I've lost a little over 50lbs and I haven't tried to wear my weight loss, but I have considered buying a weight vest to help push me through an impending plateau. The weight vest was only 20 lbs and when the sales guy put in in my arms I thought I was going to fall over. It wasn't that I couldn't carry it, but I wasn't expecting it to feel that heavy. And I couldn't help but think that I dropped more than double that amount. I had mixed emotions about it. I felt proud and embarassed or ashamed at the same time, but I also felt determined to never carry that extra weight ever again! So I get the concept and the reason behind why they have the contestants carry the weight they lost. It's pretty eye opening!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i do the shipping at work, and i was packing up a box for a show and thought it was really heavy, so i put it on the scale rather than estimate; it was 45lbs... i've lost nearly ten more than that and i thought it was HEAVY!! wow.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I have lost exactly the amount my 4 year old weighs, and occasionally I pick him up and go "b****y hell!"
    This...my 4 yr. old weighs 42 lbs. she rides on my back frequently.

My 3.5 year-old weighs 34 lbs. and I lug her about quite a bit so I have a good idea just how much I hope to lose.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Just went out to the storage room and picked up two full 5-gallon water jugs, which each weigh about 40#. Wow.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have, but not on purpose. I moved a couple of months ago, and I was carrying some plates for my barbell up 4 flights of stairs from my garage to my apartment. I realized I was carrying almost exactly the amount of weight I had lost, and it stunned me that I used to weigh that much and also that I am still able to carry all that weight, upstairs, no less.
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I weigh 48 pounds less than my highest 4 years ago. A few days ago I was bringing a 40 pound bag of dog food upstairs and had all the same thoughts that you guys did. How on earth? Yup, I'm very glad to be where I'm at now, and even more excited to get to where I am going!
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    No but now I am thinking of doing it. I think it would be inspiring. When I take the weight off myself it'll feel like this is all the hard work I put in.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I'm fairly sure all 3 of my cats could equal what I've lost, but I don't think sticking them all in a backpack would be humane.
  • hawtpep
    hawtpep Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly sure all 3 of my cats could equal what I've lost, but I don't think sticking them all in a backpack would be humane.

Hahaha =)

On this topic this would be a great Idea 63lbs on my back might help keep me focused.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i carried that weight around for years..i really dont want to be reminded how heavy it was!!!
  • roadworthy
    roadworthy Posts: 130
    Options
    So far I'm only 4.6 lbs down but this would be a great idea as I lose more!

The next time you are grocery shopping go to the produce department and pick up a 5lb bag of carrots. You will be amazed at how much lighter you really already are!:)
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    That is a great exercise! I have lost 40 pounds since the fall (before I started MFP in Feb), and it is amazing to me when I pick up a 40-pound bag of pool salt. Wow, that is how much extra weight my heart has to pump for. Not good! But very good that it is gone!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Yeap. When I got within 10 lbs of my goal weight I started training with a weight vest. 40 lbs is HEAVY!!! Especially when you're trying to run on the treadmill.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it and always thought it was pretty silly. For one thing, if you carry a backpack or something like that, all the weight is loaded in one place and most likely screws up your center of gravity. I'm not a camel. I didn't lose a giant hump on my back. I've lost it every where from my feet to my forehead (I know this because my shoes are a size smaller and my bicyce helmet was loose).
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    No because most likely I would throw out my back. I have picked up 35 lb bags of pet food and been struggling. I can't imagine holding two of them at a time.

And I wonder why my feet and legs hurt so much...hmmm...
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I have lost exactly the amount my 4 year old weighs, and occasionally I pick him up and go "b****y hell!"
    This...my 4 yr. old weighs 42 lbs. she rides on my back frequently.

This is me as well! My son is almost 6 and now weighs around 50lbs. Once in a while I'll give him a piggyback ride or lift him up when he's crying. Crazy to think about!