My first day!

Options
Hi...I am so glad I found this site. I need to lose about 10+ pounds. I had a broken foot over the winter and packed on pounds. I need to be able to get on the back of a Harley in a few weeks. Wish me luck.

Replies

• joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey!!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Well, hello there Cheryl! Welcome to our fitness family!
  • colleenb52
    colleenb52 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is my second day and I love the simplicity of this web site. I would like to loose 10 lbs before vacation in Florida at the end of April. Keeping track of every bite of food you put in your mouth gives the responsibility of your progress back to you. So simple! Good Luck to all!
  • justfungrandma
    justfungrandma Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined in January, after being stuck with 5 lbs left to lose and it not budging for over a month, exercising like crazy and thinking I was eating right. I joined MFP and starting eating my calories (instead of starving myself), and successfully lost the last 5. Logging what I eat really makes the difference, I think. It keeps you honest and aware of what is fueling your body. I get on the back of our Harley also!
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I am just getting ready to eat lunch and its good to see "remaining calories for the day".

My goal is to lose the pounds before my vacation in early June.
  • lauraemthomson
    lauraemthomson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    welcome!
    MFP changed my life for the better, I hope MFP helps you through ur journey- feel free to add me as a friend but beware am critical as well asn supportive!
    3932259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SGREGS777
    SGREGS777 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome...you will find this a great wealth of information
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    Welcome, I especially like the android app that has the bar code scanner. That makes it so much easier to log foods. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • spade74
    spade74 Posts: 42
    Options
    Good luck and welcome. Feel free to add if you like, and I really understand. I had lost about 10 pounds after having my 3rd baby, then the pain I’ve had since I was 10 years old in my back started to hurt more and more, to the point where I just gave up on working out.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I am just a few days in. Having a hard time little family support. Everyone wants different meals. Just find myself cooking all the time. But need to loose for health reasons. And want to feel better.
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was cutting back but apparently now! My breakfast and lunch only leave me with 400 calories for dinner! This site is awesome.