New around here!

Options
I started MFP about a month ago. But I started my fitness journey just after Christmas 2011. I started walking and doing the elliptical.
I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids (ages 8.5. 6 and 3). I try to be active, but during the day sometimes it gets hard! I realized I need to lose weight when someone asked when I was due with #4. My starting weight was 221 (though it registered at 220 and don't know how to change that!). In my first week, I lost 3 pounds and I was so excited!! Since then I've lost about 10 more. Though recently I had hit a plateau, so I'm changing it up a bit! I'm now 208 and down about 8 or so inches! My goal is to get to at least 125, though at 5'2", I can go a little lower than that!
On my facebook page, I am always putting what my workout for the day was, and that helps keep me accountable. I've been asked on days that I don't put it up there, what did I do for that day! My friends are so supportive! I'm also putting up a picture each month, and listing my progress.
That's my story! Looking for some fitness buddies!

Replies

• joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me
  • BrandyLeigh2012
    BrandyLeigh2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday...not such a good start either... I am planning to walk and bike ride along with other activities I do with my kids.
    I'm a working mom of 4 kids (ages 7, 9, 11, & 13). I try to be active, but sometimes it gets hard because I am so busy! I not only work full time but also help with my families farm/ranch and run my kids to their sports/activities. I realized I needed to lose weight when people kept asking me when I was due (and my clothes didn't fit anymore) and I started having health issues. I have a family member telling me I need to get gastric bypass or something... I was also asked to be in a wedding this coming August! My goal is to lose about 90lbs. I'm hoping for about 100 lbs though :smile: I know I won't lose that much by August, but I want to at least look good in a dress.
    Your facebook concept seem like a great way to keep track of yourself, maybe I will try that.
    Hoping to meet some others struggling with their weight!
  • Mushi710
    Mushi710 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined today but we have a lot in common.. I too am a stay at home mom with 3 kids and I too have hit a road block. I started my weight loss in January and my starting weight was 240.. I am now down to 222 but can't seem to get past it.. But I am going to keep on trying. The day that I break my 220's I am going to be so freakin happy.. LOL

Good luck to you.
  • candisrn
    candisrn Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi:
    It sounds like you are doing great with your weight loss. Remember too that you are building muscle when you exercise. Muscle is heaver than fat so you may see and increase or a plateau but don't worry you are doing the right things to reshape your body. :smile: