How adamant are you about logging in everything?

Options
m16shane
m16shane Posts: 393 Member
I pretty good about if i eat I log it. From condiments to the big stuff. Though I bought some girl scout cookies and put them in the freezer. About once a day I take one, at worse two. Though I'm usually a few hundred under my calorie count, I sometimes feel bad about not logging the 30 to 60 calories lol. How adamant are you about logging in everything?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty adamant about it. I don't bother logging mustard normally, and sometimes I just secretly eat a jelly belly and don't log it. Obviously I'm just terrible.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Pretty adamant. Except cough drops. I figure if I'm coughing hard enough to need them I burned off the 15 calories just from coughing. :P

Edited: Oh yeah, I also don't include things like cayenne, cinnamon, pepper, etc.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I do my best,knowing that whatever it is,if I am wrong by a bit,it still ain't a bag of chips and a six pack so it's all good
  • shawnadwyer
    shawnadwyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat if I don't I feel like I cheat myself and my wonderful family here on mfp.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I try to log in as much as I can, I try not to log in condiments. I only use a bit of black pepper and a bit of herbs everyday. With spices and such, I only used them like a couple of times a week, but I don't usually log them in.

Otherwise I log in everything I can. I try my best to put in the ingredients for foods my Mom cooks as well and add all of the nutritional information up and come out with the results.
  • skinny91bum
    Options
    I log everything, including condiments, but i'm very particular about it :smile:
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If I eat or drink it I log it!

I find I don't snack on the silly little things I would have before as I usually decide it's too much hassle to log it so I don't eat it! It's silly but I feel logging every morsel makes me more aware of where I slipped up before with the one biscuit or sweet.

Everyone is different though and you may find that knowing you have those extra calories works for you. This is for you after all!

:flowerforyou:
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I ate 1/2 stick of sugar free gum this morning and yes I logged it.

the only thing I don't log is my water because I drink 3-8 liters a day sitting at my desk. never been an isue.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I don't log salt and pepper or sugarfree gum. That's it. Everything else gets logged, the good, the bad, the downright ugly.

One good reason for logging things like herbs and spices is that if folk are loking at your diary they get a better idea of what you've cooked if they fancy making it themselves :wink:
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I pretty good about if i eat I log it. From condiments to the big stuff. Though I bought some girl scout cookies and put them in the freezer. About once a day I take one, at worse two. Though I'm usually a few hundred under my calorie count, I sometimes feel bad about not logging the 30 to 60 calories lol. How adamant are you about logging in everything?

Check the box usually in two cookies it's 120 calories at least :) I had some lol
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Everything. I say if you're going to do this, do it right.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I log everything I can...I logged everything I ate and drank on my Vegas trip last week....and about half of all the walking around....but didn't include "pulling lever on slot machines" as exercise :smile:
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to log everything! Then i went on a hiatus over winter, finally weighed back in and realized i maintained...without logging. I'm currently trying to get back used to logging everything again but i find myself struggling with it.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Hell yes!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I log everything except I forget about logging my water sometimes
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I Log most things. However If I grab a grape or swipe an M&M or a breath mint, I don't log it. Mostly cause I don't remember.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm more lazy....I don't log everything. Sometimes I go days without logging my food. Bad, I know!
  • BlondeToast
    Options

I absolutely agree, you aren't being honest with yourself if you don't and are more likely to fail in other areas...
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I log everything. If your going to do it do it right and fully. If you miss this thing and then that thing then you get to the point of whats the point of logging anything. I have seen just that here recently with some girls on here that are also personal friends of mine.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm almost obsessive about logging. I log it all- including spices, condiments, any kind of gum. I even logged by Dayquil/Nyquil when I had the headcold. But that works for me. :)