Thanks to MFP and heavy lifting (pic - 33 lbs lost)

Options
13»

Replies

• jayne2177
    jayne2177 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    great work
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    Wow your arms look amazing! I want arms like that! 4 weeks into lifting myself so fingers crossed.

Great transformation!
  • deekaydee
    deekaydee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment!!!! You look amazing!! Question, on your wt lifiting days did you lift for 35 to 45 minutes? I need to add strength trainging into my routine and need some guidance. Would definitely appreciate your input.

It has varied depending on what I'm doing. I had a few sessions with a trainer that were 45 min long. That got me used to the free weight section of the gym, and helped me with some form. I then started New Rules of Lifting for Women -- that workout started at about 25 minutes, but quickly progressed to taking 45 or longer. That's when I switched to Stronglifts, which takes me between 35-45 min a session depending on how much break I need between sets. (That program is always 3 lifts, 5 sets of 5 reps for each.)
  • deekaydee
    Options
    LOVE this and I wanted to ask while on maintenance calories did you see a small gain again? I'm at a plateau and now doing the same thing to see if I can get a loss going. Congratulations and you are AWESOME!

Yes I did! I saw a couple lb increase in the beginning, but that quickly came off. I actually lost a couple pounds while in maintenance mode, and then afterwards went back to a small deficit (250-300 cal per day) and kept losing.
  • tarak83
    tarak83 Posts: 40
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to see today.
    You look absolutely gorgeous. Check out those legs! :-D
    I weigh the same as you, but my body looks completely different. My dumbbells just arrived this morning... I'm so ready to get started tomorrow. I can't wait to see similar results!

Did you have much in the way of loose skin/cellulite in the tummy area before lifting (from having kids)? If so, has lifting improved the appearance of it?
  • deekaydee
    Options
    Did you have much in the way of loose skin/cellulite in the tummy area before lifting (from having kids)? If so, has lifting improved the appearance of it?

Yes, some loose skin, and yes, appearance has improved but I do still have some. This is my main problem area and I think it's just gonna take a little more time (I hope!!). I don't know that I credit the lifting for that as much as the calorie deficit and overall bodyfat reduction -- and loose skin is kind of a different story so it may never go away completely.

I saw the most results in my arms / shoulders -- I've never been proud of them before (even when I used to be skinny!) but now I actually kinda like to show them off!
  • jnativ
    jnativ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation :)
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!!! look at those legs!! woot whoo!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!