tips to boost your metabolism

Options
2»

Replies

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Sooooo....who has some good tips on boosting metabolism?

Running really boosts your metabolism so does weight training
  • annabelsmommy
    annabelsmommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    These are the things that I've heard that boost your metabolism:
    - eat several small meals a day
    - drink lots of water throughout the day
    - exercise
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    A testosterone Cycle will boost your metoblism and TEST levels.

Man you guys are messed up man!!!!! LOL. She was just trying to help

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

by the way the picture of the guy with the watermelons almost caused me to get fired
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    They don't boost metabolism, but they do help you get a great start on the day!

^^^^this.

They aren't necessarily bad ideas (well except for the no food after 6 or 7), but I doubt they will make any significant difference on your metabolism.
    Actually I thought that was the best one. As long as they continue not to eat until around 9 the nxt day
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Sooooo....who has some good tips on boosting metabolism?

eat clean and healthy, and exercise......... Build muscle to boost metabolism

This is my idea, but I was told that one should lose the weight they want first, then... incorporate exercise to build muscle and firm up, if not one will be bulky and look fat. I am not sure about this, wouldnt exercise help lose weight and build muscle while firming?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

This is my idea, but I was told that one should lose the weight they want first, then... incorporate exercise to build muscle and firm up, if not one will be bulky and look fat. I am not sure about this, wouldnt exercise help lose weight and build muscle while firming?

Generally speaking you want to lift weights WHILE losing bodyweight/dieting. The bulky thing is bogus.

Lifting while dieting will help you to keep the muscle mass you already have. Dieting without any resistance training will encourage the loss of muscle.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    These are the things that I've heard that boost your metabolism:
    - eat several small meals a day
    Nope, makes no difference http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529002-a-compliation-on-meal-frequency
    - drink lots of water throughout the day

I drink a lot of water, but the only way that makes my metabolism go up is the frequent trips to the toilet.
    - exercise

That will do it.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling with concept of protein for breakfast! .. I occasionally have a bacon butty but not first thing its usually as a brunch if I missed breakfast and usually nearer to lunchtime! .. but the thought of cooking and eating a chicken breast at like 7am! :noway:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling with concept of protein for breakfast! .. I occasionally have a bacon butty but not first thing its usually as a brunch if I missed breakfast and usually nearer to lunchtime! .. but the thought of cooking and eating a chicken breast at like 7am! :noway:

Eggs??
  • Ambrogio1
    Options

Eggs??

Eggs
    Whole Wheat Toast
    Oatmeal. Protein Oatmeal
    Whole Wheat French Toast smothered in Egg Whites
    Fruits???

OMG. I might not eat BREAKFAST before 12 but when I do eat at 12 I can make a banging BREAKFAST!!!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Generally speaking you want to lift weights WHILE losing bodyweight/dieting. The bulky thing is bogus.

Lifting while dieting will help you to keep the muscle mass you already have. Dieting without any resistance training will encourage the loss of muscle.

Thank you for this, I was wondering about dieting without exercise first, makes complete sense!:smile: