Jillian Michaels..

Options
Im trying to figure out which workout DVD i should get...

Which do you recommend? Which helped you lose weight quicker?
I want to get rid of this baby weight as soon as i can.

i really dont want anything expensive...I just One DVD case with one or more DVDs inside. But i also dont want to buy anything extra that's supposed to go along with the DVD, like weights.

Any ideas?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I saw some Jiallian DVDs at Big Lots for $5 .... 30 Day Shred, etc..... left them there

Cathe Friedrich DVDs are super challenging. Cathe's personality is great.

Kelly Coffey Meyers is (mostly) less intense than Cathe. These are my go to. Kelly is motivating without being obnoxious.

collagevideo.com has lots of video clips & reviews to help you figure out what DVD is right for you
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Doing 30DS shred right now (on day 7 of level 1) and love it. Next I am gonna try Ripped in 30. I am not a huge Jillian fan but I love she pushes me to try harder when I am wanting to give up. She is very motivational
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred and love it... took me about 60 days to get through it the first time though! i also have 6week 6 pack and not so fond.. very very sore after each work out and it's boring...
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The biggest loser cardio, and body sculpting dvds are great!! Plus it helps motivatting to see people bigger than you stickin with it.. Good luck!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Well there are 2 specifically Jillian workouts that I know of that do not require any weights:

Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (just under 1 hour, almost exclusively cardio, with some ab stuff thrown in)

Yoga Meltdown (has 2 levels, pretty good workout, recommends a yoga mat but it's not absolutely necessary if you're not working out on a hard floor)

30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones, Extreme Shed and Shred, and KickBox Fastfix all require weights. I haven't done 6 week 6 pack, Killer Buns and Thighs, or Shred it with Weights yet, but I'm fairly certain all of those involve weights as well. If you're looking to avoid weights then they're not what you're looking for, but they are great workouts if you challenge yourself.

You can find each of them for around $9-$15 depending on the store (or like pp said sometimes they show up cheaper at Big Lots, ebay, Amazon, etc). And you may think you don't want weights now, but if you were to try it you might like the results. ;-)
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread about the 30 day shred, it should answer all of your questions about that dvd:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/310080-what-is-the-30-day-shred-q-a-thread
  • VirtuousJoy
    VirtuousJoy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I haven't started on 30 day shred yet, but I finished Ripped in 30, and I lost a total of 13.2 pounds! I lost it fairly quick and I didn't do the diet plan! I loved it.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    most of jillian dvd's require weights because she does circuit training. if you only want to buy the dvd without buying weights then i recommend "banish fat boost metabolism" (this all cardio) or "yoga meltdown"
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have almost all of them. I would say that "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" is the very best- but it's an hour long.

On days when I don't want to do a full hour I do "Six Week, Six Pack" which is 30 mins long and also pretty challenging. I would vote that as my 2nd favorite of her DVDs

And then on days when I'm super pressed on time I"ll do 30 Day Shred. But that one is sorta boring to me- not sure why.

"No More Trouble Zones" is ok but it feels like it's just a derivative of all her other stuff so I very rarely do that one.

"Killer Buns and Thighs" is ok but honestly Bob Harper's "Cardio Rev Conditioning" and "Butt and Balance" are better bootie work outs.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can always use canned goods(or something along that line) instead of hand weights if you need to.
  • Linzer3
    Linzer3 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have her 30 Day Shred, Yoga Meltdown, Ripped in 30, and Kickboxing Fast Fix... I alternate between them... Just got the Kickboxing one and I am in LOVE with it!! Super fast results and very challenging!!! I love all her workouts! Good Luck! :wink:
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You want to work out HARD get Bob Harper's Inside Out Method - the Complete Collection. It is $20 for 4 DVD's on his website. They are hour longs workouts and you will sweat, cry, and beg for it to end. And at the end of the 60 mins you will say "Holy Cow, I did it" .

If you do not have 60 mins to work out, 30 Day shred is good, so is Yoga meltdown. 6 week six pack isn't easy either.

Good Luck!
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of them and they are my main form of exercise. I love the 30 day shred, 6 week 6 pack, Ripped in 30 and No More Trouble Zones (my favorite).
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! (:
    Id do the 6week 6pack..if i wanted a 6 pack lol.
    But, i guess this mean i have to buy weights.
    From the sounds of it, it seems worth it to give away a few extra bucks just to get to my goal weight.

Thanks again! (:
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I think Ripped in 30 is the best bang for your time and buck. It is challenging and effective; the 30 Day Shred is a lot of people's favorite, but if you've been working out for a while, it's not as challenging as her other DVDS. I have all of Jillian's DVDs including Body Revolution except the newest Kickbox FastFix. I like short workouts so I tend to steer away from the hour long ones like Extreme Shed and Shred, however, because I'm a nerd, I have an Excel file of which of her workouts burned the most calories per minute for me (I just realized I don't have 30DS on here because it was the first JM DVD I ever did over two years ago and I haven't done it since because I like the others so much):

Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism: 52 minutes, 516 cals, 9.92 cals/min
    Ripped in 30 Level 2: 30 minutes, 289 cals, 9.63 cals/min
    Extreme Shed & Shred Level 2 only: 45 minutes, 415 cals, 9.2 cals/min
    Ripped in 30 Level 1: 30 minutes, 263 cals, 8.76 cals/min
    No More Trouble Zones: 52 minutes, 450 cals, 8.65 cals/min
    Ripped in 30 Level 3: 30 mins, 253 cals, 8.43 cals/min
    Shred It With Weights Level 2: 30 minutes, 247 cals, 8.23 cals/min
    Ripped in 30 Level 4: 31 mins, 254 cals, 8.19 cals/min
    Extreme Shed & Shred Level 1 only: 39 mins, 318 cals, 8.15 cals/min
    Killer Buns & Thighs Level 1: 40 minutes, 317 cals, 7.9 cals/min
    6 Week 6 Pack Level 1: 34 minutes, 262 cals, 7.7 cals/min
    Shred It With Weights Level 1: 30 minutes, 215 cals, 7.16 cals/min