Is peanut butter okay???

Options
13»

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I eat naturally more peanut butter, I think its great.

Naturally More is the best!! It is made w/ flaxseed oil. http://www.peanutsnack.com I buy it at Super Wal*mart.

My kids and I just finished our snack- apples w/ PB. YUMMY! I mix 1 T. in my oatmeal, also add 1 T. to my yogurt, etc. I would not live w/out PB! :laugh:

And almond butter is divine... :drinker:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    1Tbsp Peter Pan Honey Roasted PB on a caramel corn rice cake or a chocolate rice cake YUM!
  • saretta71
    saretta71 Posts: 22
    Options
    Almond butter is better for you and it kinda tasts the same. I've switched over to it and I enjoy it.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    just some interesting food facts about peanut butter...............................

Food Science - Peanut butter.
    Expert: Rich Muscarella - 2/9/2005

Question
    is the quote true? is it true with ketchup?
    i heard something like this on discovery health channel

Quote:
    There are reports available from the FDA if you want to be paranoid. These are reports that specify how much bug eggs they will allow in food, for example. The worst food for bug parts? Peanut butter. The bugs, literally, come in with the peanuts and they don't have time to separate the bugs from the peanuts when they come in from the farm like that, so the bugs get ground up with the peanut butter. You eat peanut butter, you eat bugs.
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on a banana is my favorite treat. Peanut butter is good for you. You are to have the type of fat in it for the Omegas, plus it's a good protein alternative. Just don't go crazy on it!

+1
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I had a PB and banana sandwich after my workout this morning. I use Skippy Natural Super Chunk, I absolutely love it and it has only 3g of sugar. I won't go back to regular PB again.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    just some interesting food facts about peanut butter...............................

Question

Quote:
    There are reports available from the FDA if you want to be paranoid. These are reports that specify how much bug eggs they will allow in food, for example. The worst food for bug parts? Peanut butter. The bugs, literally, come in with the peanuts and they don't have time to separate the bugs from the peanuts when they come in from the farm like that, so the bugs get ground up with the peanut butter. You eat peanut butter, you eat bugs.

YUMMMM extra protein:laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options

Question

Quote:

YUMMMM extra protein:laugh:

The truth is there are bugs in everything, they live on our skin, in our carpet, on almost all of our food stuffs, even the natural and organic! But developing a respect for clean gets a new meaning. :laugh: In biblical times it was considered very hospitable to offer your guests dried Locusts to eat, much like we eat potato chips! And in Africa, Large Termites and Grubs are a delicacy! Bon Appetite!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I like to put butter on a peanut. Is that good?

Enjoy:laugh: :tongue:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    if you check your inbox, you'll find the snopes article. :huh:

the only poisoning I got was mental..............:devil: :laugh:

seriously you guys,
    peanut butter is OKAY.
    even Skippy.
    just factor it into your daily calories and proceed.

and if you prefer all natural kind, and want to stir your PB, that's great too.

Answer me this, why is it not in Canadian food products? Since it is so good for you why has Canada not allowed Rapeseed oil in their food chain? Anything that can kill aphids, should not be in your food. Thank you for the delightful banter, I love you!

if you pour salt on a slug it will die too. doesn't mean it is poisonous.
    if you give chocolate to your dog, he will get sick/maybe die. doesn't mean it is poisonous.
    the reason rapeseed oil is used as a pesticide is the oil clogs up the breathing pores of the insects and it suffocates them. since we don't breathe through our skin I think we'll be okay.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    if you check your inbox, you'll find the snopes article. :huh:

the only poisoning I got was mental..............:devil: :laugh:

seriously you guys,
    peanut butter is OKAY.
    even Skippy.
    just factor it into your daily calories and proceed.

and if you prefer all natural kind, and want to stir your PB, that's great too.

Answer me this, why is it not in Canadian food products? Since it is so good for you why has Canada not allowed Rapeseed oil in their food chain? Anything that can kill aphids, should not be in your food. Thank you for the delightful banter, I love you!

if you pour salt on a slug it will die too. doesn't mean it is poisonous.
    if you give chocolate to your dog, he will get sick/maybe die. doesn't mean it is poisonous.
    the reason rapeseed oil is used as a pesticide is the oil clogs up the breathing pores of the insects and it suffocates them. since we don't breathe through our skin I think we'll be okay.

Next to coffee, peanut butter is the most insect part and insect filth contaminated food. Bon Appetite! According to the FDA's standards of contamination! Yummy!
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options

:happy: extra protein:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Clean peanut butter can be freshly made at your health food store. along with almond butter, cashew butter, etc. they have clean, uncontaminated number one grade peanuts and grind it fresh for you!. just like jams and jellies. the less than perfect fruit is made into jams and jellies in order to not waste the fruit. juices, the same thing. overripe even decomposing fruit gets made into juice! Fresh is cleaner. more expensive and more difficult, but the best. I would not call it paranoid, just factual. we all make choices. Eat what ever you are comfortable with, be healthy!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My kids love PB sandwiches zand when i make them for them for lunch I ALWAYS have one too as i LOVE PB and ate it everyday for lunch as a kid it was pb&j then though.
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    The Naturaly More Almond butter is delicious! High in Omega fats and very tasty
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I hate peanut butter! I hate peanuts! But, I LOVE sunflower seed butter!!! YUM!

<smile!>