Lemon Honey Chicken (With Pic)

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
Yesterday while my walking buddy and I were walking, I was telling her how good the Margarita Chicken at Chili's is and how I would love to know how to make the marinade. As we discussed, we both kind of came up with the marinade glaze together and then it was final, I was going to go home and make it. On my way home, I was thinking about it (because when I have an idea in my head I think about it until I make it lol) I remembered I was out of chicken breast. I zapped into Costco, bought a big bag and on my way to pick my daughter up and go home to create marinade I went.

I have no clue how much of everything I used so use as much or as little as you wish. I used:

Lemon
Minced Garlic
Soy
Honey
Salt
2 boneless skinless chicken breast.

I put the breasts in a ziplock with marinade, swished, and let it sit in the fridge for an hour while I took Lilliana to dance.

I got home, took my skilled out, cooked chicken on high on one side for 3 minutes, on the other side for three minutes, covered and turned to low and cooked for 10 minutes, uncovered, flipped and cooked the other side on high for 3 more minutes (this method gives me a juicy chicken breast every single time). I served this topped with tomatoes, avocado and scallions with a side of steamed broccoli.

Did it turn out like Chili's Margarita Chicken? No. But, it was really good! And, it's really pretty!

m224049321.jpg

:heart:

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yesterday while my walking buddy and I were walking, I was telling her how good the Margarita Chicken at Chili's is and how I would love to know how to make the marinade. As we discussed, we both kind of came up with the marinade glaze together and then it was final, I was going to go home and make it. On my way home, I was thinking about it (because when I have an idea in my head I think about it until I make it lol) I remembered I was out of chicken breast. I zapped into Costco, bought a big bag and on my way to pick my daughter up and go home to create marinade I went.

I have no clue how much of everything I used so use as much or as little as you wish. I used:

Lemon
    Minced Garlic
    Soy
    Honey
    Salt
    2 boneless skinless chicken breast.

I put the breasts in a ziplock with marinade, swished, and let it sit in the fridge for an hour while I took Lilliana to dance.

I got home, took my skilled out, cooked chicken on high on one side for 3 minutes, on the other side for three minutes, covered and turned to low and cooked for 10 minutes, uncovered, flipped and cooked the other side on high for 3 more minutes (this method gives me a juicy chicken breast every single time). I served this topped with tomatoes, avocado and scallions with a side of steamed broccoli.

Did it turn out like Chili's Margarita Chicken? No. But, it was really good! And, it's really pretty!

m224049321.jpg

:heart:

This looks amazing!
  • joyspear
    joyspear Posts: 20
    Options
    Double YUM!:tongue:
    Picture makes my mouth water!
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy!
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    bump!
    Sounds yummy
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    mmmmm. tasty!
  • twinsmake3
    twinsmake3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    have to bump another of your creations AGAIN! (yesterday it was the yogurt chicken :) )
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    BUMP, that looks gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yummm!! Thanks for this
    :flowerforyou:
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    looks great bump
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    definite bump!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Lina, another great recipe! Thank you!!!
  • nanacoop
    nanacoop Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • malinen23
    malinen23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Man that looks good.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    bump.... will be making this soon!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I :heart: your recipes, Lina! :love:
  • kswift85
    kswift85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    this looks great! bump!:smile:
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I just found my dinner for tonight!
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump!