Reliable/honest source for Beachbody DVDs?

Options

Replies

• ahouston11
    ahouston11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This may be slightly off topic, but does anyone know how to log in the beachbody workouts like Insanity or P90X into your exercise diary or know of any good websites that (gue)stimate calories burned off from them?
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    I got the Insanity DVDs for about half off the Beach Body price from Amazon. They came in the original package and I think it was fulfilled by Amazon. I'd look there first.

Good info to know.. thanks
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    This may be slightly off topic, but does anyone know how to log in the beachbody workouts like Insanity or P90X into your exercise diary or know of any good websites that (gue)stimate calories burned off from them?

I would invest in a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) w/ a chest strap to track calories. It's difficult to guestimate b/c you are different from everyone else and the intensity varies.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

The most accurate that I have found is circut training, general.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I found a brand new Turbofire set (with all supplies) on craigslist. I think you can also do beachbody workouts online for free.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I really thought about this for a while. I looked at Amazon (I buy everything from there) and it was not a good price. So, I just bought BBL from BeachBody. I figured that I might as well get it from the source.. But, I know that I am at a level of commitment to do the DVDs and since I teach aerobics, I will probably incorporate some of the butt moves in my class. So, I figured it is also a business expense for me....continued education.

Did not think about looking at Craigslist tho....that might have been good!!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am sticking with Beachbody, I had bought TurboFire, Insanity and Hip Hop Ads from ebay. TurboFire and Hip Hop abs work okay, but for Insanity, the delux discs did not work, and I can't find the seller. I bought other programs from Beachbody, Chalene Extreme and Insanity Aslyum, and some others.

If you sign up on WOWY.com, take the free membership, you get a discount, not much, they also give you a coach.

I am considering becoming a coach. I work closely with mine, it is nice to have the extra support. And, I am still overweight, but far from lazy, and have learned a lot about nutrietion.
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well if you want a legit copy, do a payment plan through Beachbody... I just bought a set of P90X and was VERY angry to realize that even though it was "new in the box" and everything looked AMAZING and spot on from what I was expecting, when I began to read the booklet, there were a ton of typos, it was a bootlegged copy. I was so mad, it was REALLY well made for a knock off but I am still mad. If I could do it again, I would just pay the extra money and go through the actual site. They also give you a 1 year money back guarentee.... the lady I bought if from wouldn't even return my texts after I paid her. I felt like an idiot! (I went through craigslist)....
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I ordered Turbo Fire from amazon, all of the DVD's came in the package brand new and they all work great... I think I paid around $83...
  • imachicmom
    Options
    I would go through beachbody as well..I ordered slim in 6 7 years ago, and anytime it gets scratched or my kids broke it...they send you a replacement for free
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

The most accurate that I have found is circut training, general.

I log it as circuit training, general as well.
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I gt mine from e bay xx
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't know of a cheap place to buy them. I can say they have worked. I have P90X and have lost 30lbs. I did a payment plan that was affordable for me through the Beachbody website. Its awesome when you buy them new because they give you a trainer that you can ask questions that has been through the program.
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Were you able to get your order made through beachbody for P90x?
    Well if you want a legit copy, do a payment plan through Beachbody... I just bought a set of P90X and was VERY angry to realize that even though it was "new in the box" and everything looked AMAZING and spot on from what I was expecting, when I began to read the booklet, there were a ton of typos, it was a bootlegged copy. I was so mad, it was REALLY well made for a knock off but I am still mad. If I could do it again, I would just pay the extra money and go through the actual site. They also give you a 1 year money back guarentee.... the lady I bought if from wouldn't even return my texts after I paid her. I felt like an idiot! (I went through craigslist)....
  • JackieLM
    Options
    ALso,

through my research now, I know EXACTLY what to look for to tell if it is a fake or the real deal, which I could rewind the clock about a week! If you don't mind the copy being "copied and burned" then take the chance and go with any of the online sites... mine was even shrink wrapped, had all the cases and looked, I am SERIOUS, exactly like the real P90X.... the only reason I thought there was something wrong was the typos in the guide, there weren't a lot, but enough to make me wonder. They had the nutrition guide, the calendar, EVERYTHING... Whoever is making these knockoffs are copying them to a tee! Anyway... the point is... if you wanna be SURE, go through beach body... a lot of these other people probably have knockoffs and they don't even know it.
  • JackieLM
    Options
    ]

I am sorry, I guess I don't understand your question. I got mine through Craigslist and it was a VERY well made bootleg copy... still makes me mad. I am just too trusting and hope for the good in everyone.
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I saw that you had got a bootleg copy off of craigslist but I wanted to make sure that if you were going or have ordered it through beachbody you were able to get the payment plan.
    ]

I am sorry, I guess I don't understand your question. I got mine through Craigslist and it was a VERY well made bootleg copy... still makes me mad. I am just too trusting and hope for the good in everyone.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I got my set of P90X DVDs for about $60 from Amazon.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I can't bring myself to pay the new DVD price, plus the shipping, on the Beachbody site. Does anyone know any good sources for used/cheaper Beachbody DVDs? I looked on Ebay, but it's not that much cheaper than new. Thanks!

I am a member of Beachbody and get all my workout programs and suppliments at a discounted price, it's not much but it helps. The only "authorized" places to purchase these workouts is through Beachbody, a Beachbody Coach, or Amazon. If you purchase through these dealers and something is wrong with your DVD's they can be replaced. If you purchase else where, including eBay, you never know what you will get.
    Along with purchasing from Beachbody, you will be assigned a Coach who can help you with your fitness goals. You can also get some of the benefits Beachbody offers by signing up for a free memebership at www.teambeachbody.com. You won't get full access of a full membership but you do get some good information here, including their monthly newsletter and the opportunity to participate in their contests.
    Hope that helps!
    Diana
  • TheStickmanCometh
    Options
    I can't bring myself to pay the new DVD price, plus the shipping, on the Beachbody site. Does anyone know any good sources for used/cheaper Beachbody DVDs? I looked on Ebay, but it's not that much cheaper than new. Thanks!

Actually, if you Sign up for VIP $2.99 a week, at my beachbody.com, you get 10% off of your products...and that's cheaper than Amazon...trust me I know, I'm a Coach..lol.

> www.GC-Fit.com -