I want to see your TATS!

Options
bluemorpho1247
bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
I love tattoos, and since turning 18 have had 8 (one of them being 20 odd pieces) I would love to see some of your work and the reasons behind them!
Here are mine :)

tattoo2.jpg?w=490
This is my main tattoo that stretches from my right shoulder down to my left thigh. Since turning 18 I have had many bits added, edited etc to finally create this. Although unfinished, this image gives a good, clear idea of how it will end up. The part on the upper right shoulder (vines, hibiscus and emerald swallowtail butterfly) are the newest parts to this tattoo, and the same pattern will be applied to the rest of the tattoo to make it more feminine and cleaner. This will involve all of the older vines being curled further and added too. Each addition was added for occasions or moments in my life that caused a big effect or meant something, for example, the green emerald butterfly was added as a reminder of my 21st birthday spent with Kieron that involved a visit to the butterfly farm.
406129_2447223305506_1399623561_32023726_1460251661_n3.jpg?w=490&h=653
Although not directly connected to the main tattoo, I associate this one with it. This tattoo is one of my favourite butterfly; the Blue Morpho, also one in reminder of my 21st birthday, but bought as a Christmas present! this is by far my favourite tattoo, and it sits on my front left shoulder so is quite noticeable! This again is done by my current tattooist, and I plan to keep returning to him as he is absolutely fab!
img_06471.jpg?w=490&h=653
This tattoo is a close favourite. I am in love with hummingbirds and butterflies, and this feather containing a hummingbird just was perfect. This was another gift from my boyfriend, and is on my forearm. The one on my wrist, also in this image was the first tattoo my boyfriend bought me on my first birthday spent with him! Anyway, the hummingbird is absolutely tiny, 2 inches max, and being a huge fan of smaller things, this was perfect. The detail is absolutely amazing and the two tattoos have so much meaning. These two were done by different tattooists, the feather being my current tattooist.
dscf10511.jpg?w=490&h=653
This is by far my worst, and least favourite tattoo, and has had many attempts to be improved and fixed up. It sits on my right hip so is in the way, but not always noticeable. It was one of my first tattooists, done by a bad artist, and because I wanted something there and then as I spent a lot of time with the people who worked in the studio. My tattooists believes he can improve this to be perfect! I hope so… this still looks a lot better than the original design (below the large image) though, so it is getting there…
pc3000371.jpg?w=490&h=367
This tattoo was completed in three parts. It began just the top little part, then I added the hummingbird, then the butterfly. This one isn’t a favourite, but I still like it, though would now prefer a butterfly in it’s place! This still isnt bad for one of my first tattoos though, I have seen much worse as a first choice The next two tattoos were done by a poor tattooist, and were done because I wanted something done there and then, again they will be edited and added to, to improve them! These are the two, but there isn’t much I can say about them!
dscf10451.jpg?w=490&h=372
dscf10471.jpg?w=490&h=634

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I totally read that wrong.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    WOOOOW LOVE LOVE LOVE your back tat!!!!
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I think my profile is public, if not friend request me, I have a bunch of mine up on my profile.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options

me too.... hopefully some of the girls read it wrong too and post pics.
  • bluemorpho1247
    Options

That was intended ^_^
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options

Ditto

Anyway, mine are in my pictures :)

Too lazy to post photos
  • bluemorpho1247
    Options
    I think my profile is public, if not friend request me, I have a bunch of mine up on my profile.

I love the monsters! such a unique design :) Rediculously good in colour!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I was all set to link to the group...

Beautiful ink!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

That was intended ^_^
    Bait and switch...evil.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Special/Unique:
    010.jpg

Perseverance:
    004-1-1.jpg
  • daniellvecchione
    Options
    Profile pic....got to cover up some scaring.
  • bethybear8990
    Options
    If someone would tell me how to post pics I would gladly show you mine
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

Haha me too
  • bluemorpho1247
    Options

IMAGE  URL HERE

no capitals :)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I read this wrong too! LOL

Here are my two big pieces.. I have 6 more that I am too lazy to go find those pics. :tongue:
    305008_2556.jpg
    305008_5368.jpg
  • bluemorpho1247
    Options
    I read this wrong too! LOL

Here are my two big pieces.. I have 6 more that I am too lazy to go find those pics. :tongue:
    305008_2556.jpg
    305008_5368.jpg

Love them :) They suit u so well!! Lovely places to have them too
  • bethybear8990
    Options

IMAGE  URL HERE

no capitals :)

Thank you, lets give this a shot

• bluemorpho1247
    Options