Replies

• LarryLaird
    LarryLaird Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is very good!!
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried the oatmeal but I know the egg and cheese mcmuffin with ham on it is only 290 calories so if you take the meat off that's even a little less!
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would go with the oatmeal or fruit and yogurt parfait. I'm sure the eggs aren't bad but they could possibly be cooked in quite a bit of butter (I mean it is fast food) and it may not count that into their calorie count for that menu item. Stay with things you know are less likely to be processed and you feel good about eating :smile:
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have to go to McDonald's every Saturday morning for a meeting, I don't want to use my calories up there. And I also need more protein than McDonald's yogurt has, so seriously, I bring my own Greek yogurt, and just buy a ice tea (sometimes).
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Definitely check the nutrition and ingredients: I am pretty sure their hashbrowns, like their french fries, are not vegetarian. They put beef fat on them.

This is correct. They add beef flavoring to their hashbrowns and french fries to make sure they keep a consistent flavor all year long. If you check their website, it will list beef flavoring as an ingredient.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    always the option of skipping breakfast & eating later also if you can't find anything decent.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've had both their fruit and maple oatmeal and their fruit and yogurt parfait. To be honest I liked the oatmeal better. Quite delicious. And both options are meat-less, of course.

The oatmeal is about 290 calories and the parfait is about 160 calories. Oh and their coffee by Newman's Own is really good. :)
  • Bellastarflower
    Options
    Get the Parfait. It's little calories and yummy
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Go online to McDonalds nutritional site. It will give you a list of everything they have plus the calories.
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The Fruit and Walnut salad - snack size is 210 calories with apples, grapes, candied walnuts and yogurt dipping sauce.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have to go to McDonald's every Saturday morning for a meeting, I don't want to use my calories up there. And I also need more protein than McDonald's yogurt has, so seriously, I bring my own Greek yogurt, and just buy a ice tea (sometimes).

I would probably do this... I have been known to even turn up to my in-laws for breakfast with my own food :)
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Their oatmeal got bad reviews bc of all the sugar in it.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Before I was trying to get healthy I had never had one in my life. 19 years and never had a MD's breakfast lol. I decided to have the Big Breakfast with a Hash Brown and it was like heaven. I had one almost every Saturday morning before work.

Like a lot of other people have suggested, try the oatmeal.

I would also like to know why it is that you have to eat at Mcdonalds? Why can't you just have your breakfast before going out and just have a cup of tea, coffee or any other beverage when you are there?
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    In the UK mcdonalds fries are vegan! The hashbrowns are vegetarian here too.

But the safe option is porridge!
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options

^^ I would do this. ^^

What I am curious about is why people would want to have a meeting at a McDonald's in the first place. That is so strange to me for some reason, haha! I guess I still picture a kid-laden, noisy diner-style place. I haven't been to one in years, though. I heard that they are trying to make them more like cafes than playgrounds, though, so I guess that makes sense.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    The oatmeal is good and the most complicated thing the cashier makes! Got to get the oatmeal, the hot water, 3 shots of cream, stir stir stir. Then the apples must be added before the raisins, because the apples float, and the raisins will rest on top of them instead of sinking to the bottom. Presentation ftw

Their coffee is also pretty darn tasty!
  • countryrayne
    Options
    I love their fruit and walnut salad. Yum!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Cool to hear that people know about the fruit and walnut salad! Worked there all summer and could count how many I served on two hands.

When I worked there a little old dude would come in every morning with his newspaper and order a coffee, two apple pies, and the 3 for $1 cookies.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I actually like their oatmeal.
  • Jwirl
    Jwirl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love there oatmeal, I would get it over anything there. YUM