Share your favorite recent food discovery?

Options

Replies

• jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    OK, another one. Had to see what all the fuss was about with Quinoa. LOVE IT. Had cup of Quinoa with some chicken breast, a sliced quarter avocado to add some healthy fat and a few teaspoons of habanero salsa for flavor, really good healthy lunch!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. Who knew???
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love Shirataki noodles! It took a little while to get used to the texture, but I'm a little obssesed with them now. There were so many pasta dishes that I was missing out on before them! :)
  • yogi_meg
    yogi_meg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the chipotle laughing cow cheese. I use it in my egg much recipe for breakfast for a breakfast burrito. I also like to use it as a dip for a super pretzle.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Cooked wheat berries added to salads. I've also heard of people mixing it into oatmeal, but haven't tried it myself yet.

And raw brussels sprouts also added to salads. Yum!
  • aliric
    aliric Posts: 69
    Options
    When I'm craving for chips I eat the veggie straws. So good and Sams carries them.
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    Quorn products - who knew I'd actually like non-meat protein? Also Food Should Taste Good chips (the olive ones are especially tasty). They have far less sodium than even most crackers and are very tasty. Sabra Hummus is good, too.
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Beans! All kinds, in salads, soups and beany meals.

Also trying more sea food, including chowder.

Had a particularly creamy chowder last week, which couldnt have been too low on calories though :-)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    My recent obsession is also a KIND product...the almond coconut bars. MMMMMMM!
  • jbrinda1
    Options
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    Looked at those yesterday, looks delicious but kinda small and more sugar than I want to get in a small snack. But certainly KIND makes food with great wholesome ingredients. Be a nice snack during/after a long run or ride.
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love Larabars, they only use unsweetened dried fruits and nuts so there are no added sugars, the apple pie is my favorite and the coconut cream pie is my dessert stand in!

Cottage cheese with a little garlic salt and pita chips.

Taziki sauce using low-fat greek yogurt on roasted chicken, grilled veggies, quinoa...my husband will put taziki on anything!
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    Steel cut oats with honey for breakfast, so good!
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    Swai, very mild easy to prepare fish from Thailand. Wegman's started to carry 32 oz bags frozen and individually wrapped portions. And about as cheap as seafood gets these days, $5/lb

Red lentils are awesome with quinoa.
  • SquashedBanana
    SquashedBanana Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a sucker for going out for Indian food. I recently discovered a recipe for one of my favorite dishes, a spinach/chickpea curry, and to my surprise it was super simple to make and almost exclusively made of veggies (tomatoes, spinach, onion, chickpeas, etc.) and a little bit of yogurt to thicken it up. It's definitely something I feel good eating with a bit of rice -- all the satisfaction of the Indian food I crave, with the added satisfaction of knowing that only good things went into it. Yum!
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The other day I tried out a recipe I saw on an old season of BL and I remembered why I LOVED food. It was Rocco's Beef Tenderlion and Loaded Baked Yams. I don't eat red meat so I changed the steak with chicken and did a different sauce for it but I made the yams exactly as the recipe called for (odd for me I change everything) and it was so delicious. I've never like yams before I always thought they were too sweet or not sweet enough (depending on how it's made) but the balance of flavors is just right and all of it (steak included) comes to about 500 cals for the meal. I've had it 3 times since then. Super Yummy.
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love Larabars, they only use unsweetened dried fruits and nuts so there are no added sugars, the apple pie is my favorite and the coconut cream pie is my dessert stand in!

I LOVE Larabars, the chocolate one is my favorite.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    orowheat-sandwich-thins.png

SO much tastier than bread.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Honey roasted peanuts! So delicious.. Oh, and hummus
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    KIND Healthy Grains Granola. I finally found a healthy granola that is not loaded with sugar. Many have 15 grams or more. KIND has only 6. It is also whole grain, low sodium, no trans fats, low saturated fat and 3g fiber per serving. Oh yeah, and it is crunchy and delicious!

Also Gluten Free!

mixed_product_image.png

I love Granola and most of the granola cereals are like you said loaded with sugar Thanks for the share/ tip : )