check my dairy

Options
******im not trying to be rude, but if you eat junk food your opinion doesnt matter to me, I need the opinion of people who eat clean and arent just trying to lose weight but actually get healthier*******

My goal is to lose fat, please check my dairy and tell me where I can improve, am I eating too many carbs, too much protein, etc... thank you. any help will be appreciated..

Replies

• rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Your diary is either incomplete or you don't eat enough
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    I consume between 1400 - 1800 a day... depending on how I feel...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Age, Gender, Weight, how much do you need to lose? What is your activity level? Your Diary looks okay, so there is some other data input error if you are not able to lose weight.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like you aren't reaching your goals as is?
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you eat a whole lot of dairy.....
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    I'm 5'6
    CW: 185 lb
    GW: 125lb
    female 21 yrs old and do p90x

well I am reaching my goals, my body is changing drastically right before my eyes.. but I want to have the best diet I can to get better results... to be healthier... b/c my goal is to build muscle after Im done losing fat, so when I reach my goal weight I can be at a really good starting point to gain muscle. I dont wanna be skinny fat when I get to 125lb...
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Your diary is either incomplete or you don't eat enough

I feel stupid! I was looking at today. I didn't page back. That was the first time I looked at a diary. I don't use them. Sorry!

I'll look at it now:)

I can't help you. It's looks better than mine and I'm happy with what I do. Sorry!
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    The only thing that jumped out to me was that you eat a lot of the same food throughout the day. Maybe a little more variety, so you don't burn out?

Maybe someone who has been at it longer can give you a better critique. :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    A moderate amount of junk food can be fit into an overall healthy diet.
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A moderate amount of junk food can be fit into an overall healthy diet.

:bigsmile:
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your sodium intake? I don't see it there so add sodium and see how much you are bringing in daily.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Everything actually looks good. You are tracking the right macros, carb/pro/fat. Not really necessary to track too much else. As far as variety, that's up to you. If you are comfortable with the same things and they are meeting calories and macros, then go for it. Healthy fats are little low. You could get in a little more if you wanted. Some other high protein/healthy fat foods to consider would be eggs, turkey, beef, etc.

Don't stress on the junk food. If you want a little snack and it fits in your day, don't be scared to treat yourself.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you eat a whole lot of dairy.....

^^ This....
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're eating pretty clean and healthy, but you're not eating hardly any fruits or veggies. That's really my only suggestion, other than that, it looks great, IMO.
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Looks good to me. More protein - way more - than I eat, but to each her own needs. :) Other than that, I'd say you are doing fine.

Carry on.

Well, also....water?
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6

well I am reaching my goals, my body is changing drastically right before my eyes.. but I want to have the best diet I can to get better results... to be healthier... b/c my goal is to build muscle after Im done losing fat, so when I reach my goal weight I can be at a really good starting point to gain muscle. I dont wanna be skinny fat when I get to 125lb...

You aren't eating enough. Depending on the intensity of your workouts you'll be using 400-600 cals per workout. Based on your H/W you probably should be at 1600 cals at least just for your BMR. Try this out.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

edit - I plugged in your numbers and your TDEE with a 6-7day workout routine is about 2873 Cals. The way I understand TDEE is that you'd then take 2873x7 days a week = 20111 cals per week. If you want to lose 2 pounds a week you sutract 7000 from that (3500 per pound). Then take that number and divide it by 7 again to get your daily caloric intake. So your daily TDEE would be 1873 to lose 2 pounds a week assuming you are following the P90X routine. Sooo I'd kick up the cals just a little bit, but that's just my opinion.
  • feyapl
    feyapl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think your calories might be a bit low. I'm 5'6, 27 years old, and I started off at 185. I now weigh 151 (aiming for somewhere around 135-140), but I plateaued for a looooooooooooooooong time around 168 pounds and MFP had me at 1376 calories a day. I changed my macros around, upped the proteins, lowered the carbs a bit, and increased my calories to 1500 (if I do not work out). If I do work out, I eat most of them back (not all, allowing for HRM errors, etc).

Something to keep in mind is every body works differently, so what worked for me might not work for you! ^_^
  • crdav13
    crdav13 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So I'm 5'7, 140 lbs with a goal weight of somewhere between 125-130. I went to a nutritionist and this was some of her advice - protein at least 90-100 grams, fiber at least 25 grams, and fat - no more then 40. I was eating peanut butter and english muffins for breakfast and she actually said peanut butter is ok, but not the best option since its a lot of fat in relation to the protein. Just some tips I've received. I followed this advice last week and lost 1.5 lbs, this week is my TOM so my weight is kinda all over the place.
  • americaistoxic
    Options
    I would suggest more fruits and veggies, but that's just my opinion. If you added about 300-400 calories of f&v I think it could be beneficial to you.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6

Hello,

Most of the time I eat clean, although the past week I "fell off the wagon", but still healthy most of the time. For you, being Moderatetely Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week), your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) including your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) is 2590.44 calories per day. One pound = 3500 calories (500 per day), so depending on your goals on weight loss per week, you would cut out anywhere from 500-1000 per day. That being said, you should be eating at least 1590-1840 calories per day (without eating back workouts as this is already factored in).

Hope this helps!!