Share your favorite recent food discovery?

Options

Replies

• MuscleBear
    MuscleBear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Post Shredded Wheat n' Bran

200 Cals
    0 Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium, or Sugar
    9 g Fiber
    6 g Protein

http://www.postfoods.com/cereals/post_shredded_wheat/?id=bran#nutrition

http://www.postfoods.com/cereals/post_shredded_wheat/?id=bran#overview

51MKULALwEL.jpg
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    Great ideas everyone! Most of mine have been said - seafood, grilled veggies, greek yogurt. I love egg white with veggies in the morning and I recently purchased Jay Robb protein powder and am having fun playing with that.
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Jalapeño Greek Yogurt dip! It's great on raw veggies, or with toast and eggs in the morning!
    you can usually find them pre-made at the grocery store but if not make your own!

Ingredients
    1 cup Greek-style yogurt
    1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
    Juice of 1 lime
    1 teaspoon cumin
    Salt and pepper
  • SJBice
    SJBice Posts: 3
    Options
    I love Larabars, they only use unsweetened dried fruits and nuts so there are no added sugars, the apple pie is my favorite and the coconut cream pie is my dessert stand in!

I LOVE Larabars, the chocolate one is my favorite.

I love Larabars too. I just stocked up today. Apple Pie is good, but also love the chocolate coconut!
  • Prefessa
    Prefessa Posts: 90
    Options
    "Off Label Uses for Kraft Mio"....

Makes Plain Greek Yougurt taste like a dessert!, Makes any protein drink taste awesome, Instant Diet Soda...mix w/ seltzer, Makes plain Kefir taste like a smoothie. Will flavor Low fat whipped Cream Cheese, Makes it easy to choke down Cottage Cheese. Can flavor No Cal, or No Sugar Syrups. Anywhere a no cal fruit flavor is needed Mio is the answer.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Spinach in my protein shakes. I can't even taste it! Perfect! and I like spinach. Just seemed odd. Finally tried it and am never turning back. May go for flax seed in it next!
    Oh and dark chocolate...mmm!
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was craving something salty and crunchy...instead of blowing all my calories on chips I found a new discovery today.. they are called special k cracker chips...you get 30 chips for 110 cals :) mmmm
  • alicialiken
    alicialiken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    "Off Label Uses for Kraft Mio"....

Makes Plain Greek Yougurt taste like a dessert!, Makes any protein drink taste awesome, Instant Diet Soda...mix w/ seltzer, Makes plain Kefir taste like a smoothie. Will flavor Low fat whipped Cream Cheese, Makes it easy to choke down Cottage Cheese. Can flavor No Cal, or No Sugar Syrups. Anywhere a no cal fruit flavor is needed Mio is the answer.

I LOOOOVE MiO! Especially the Green Monster Energy. They have a coupon for $1 off on their FB page right now too :happy:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    mine is definitely silk almond milk.. i'm loving it.... especially at 60 cals per cup
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Need to save this for later! :)

My current fav:

Luna Peanut Butter Pretzel Bar
  • greeentea
    greeentea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana + light vanilla soymilk + cinnamon + protein powder + ice = GODLY. :)
  • dbenedit
    dbenedit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I discovered that I can make a far superior Taziki than any commercial brand just by mixing 0% fat greek yogurt, a clove of fresh garlic, 1/2 chopped dill pickle and some dillweed. Yummy on so many things!
  • MuscleBear
    MuscleBear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    070640002887.jpg
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Recently found the herring in paprika sauce...oh so yummy! Better than sardines. I also found Blue Diamond Hazelnut NUT-THINS and they are delicious. You get 16 and for only 130 calories and 115mg of sodium. I eat them plain or with my herring. Oh and they are wheat and gluten free (in the gluten free section)
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    PB2! I am so excited about it!!:bigsmile:
  • alexis510
    alexis510 Posts: 12
    Options
    Broccoli Slaw from trader joe's. It's just shredded broccoli and carrots. I mix it with light mayo and a little lemon juice and put it on my sandwiches instead of lettuce.
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i have three recent food discoveries:
    1) multi grain peanut butter cheerios (they talked about it on The Biggest Loser one week and I thought I would give it a try. If your like and love not only the taste of pb but the smell I would say give this cereal a try.

2) roasted chickpeas - we had these at work a couple of weeks ago and I love them.

3) 479 popcorn - I've tried two different kinds so far and both are really good. The caramel one reminds me of cracker jacks.
  • Night_hawker5000
    Options
    I know its not the best, but for fast food..I learned to have a whopper jr no mayo, side garden salad and I use half of the dressing of the light italian or light vinegarette...comes to 360 calories for the whole meals...fills me up since my stomach has now shrunk.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    i have three recent food discoveries:
    1) multi grain peanut butter cheerios (they talked about it on The Biggest Loser one week and I thought I would give it a try. If your like and love not only the taste of pb but the smell I would say give this cereal a try.

2) roasted chickpeas - we had these at work a couple of weeks ago and I love them.

3) 479 popcorn - I've tried two different kinds so far and both are really good. The caramel one reminds me of cracker jacks.

Do you roast your own? If so any specifics in doing it?