Diary Check

Options
Boosier3
Boosier3 Posts: 57 Member
Wondered if some of you would mind checking out my food diary and letting me know your thoughts? Just as an FYI, I do eat frozen Lean Cuisines on occassion, but try to limit them as I know they have crazy high sodium levels. Any other suggestions/thoughts? Thank you for looking!!

Replies

• Boosier3
    Options
    bump
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Damn girl, you eat good stuff!!!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    honestly, it looks like you're not eating enough. you should aim to HIT your calorie goal,not be under it, which you seem to be fairly regularly.

the other thing i see is those packaged foods, like the lean cuisines (I think that's what I saw in there). Those are very sodium heavy, and in general, not so healthy. If possible, make more of your own foods, or bring leftovers for lunch from the dinner before.
  • Boosier3
    Options
    Actually I have not been meeting 1200 on my net calories, so I know I need to up my food intake. Which will be difficult as I am never hungry. I haven't lost anything in the last three weeks though, so I am trying to make sure things look good, and are done right. I want this to be a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • kealambert
    Options
    Actually I have not been meeting 1200 on my net calories, so I know I need to up my food intake. Which will be difficult as I am never hungry. I haven't lost anything in the last three weeks though, so I am trying to make sure things look good, and are done right. I want this to be a lifestyle change, not a diet.

exactly, which is why it is suggested to eat MORE when you hit a plateau :)
  • Boosier3
    Options
    Will do. Thank you for the input! :) Anything else? Carbs, protein, etc look okay? I do try to keep an eye on my sodium levels.
  • Paolinat
    Paolinat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Low cal, lowfat and low sodium salad dressing:

Gulden's - Spicy Brown Mustard, 3 tsp
    Kozlowski Farms - Red Raspberry Vinegar, 2 Tablespoon
    Apple Sauce - No Sugar Added, 0.24 cup (I core an apple, chop it up and puree in blender)
    26 calories/44g serving (I have a kitchen scale and weigh things.

Also, you can buy oats and make oatmeal ahead of time. Not only is it much cheaper, but sodium is much lower. Spice it up with ginger and cinnamon. You can add chunks of apple or banana.

On iPhone, if you go to "home" hit "daily" button at top, then hit pie icon, you can see your ratio of carbs/fat/protein... My goal 45/25/30.

I looked at past dates and some were incomplete.

Also, you NEED to drink at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water, especially with your sodium intake. Every time you eat processed foods, grab yourself at least 2 glasses of water.

How often do you workout? I have a rule not to record anything under 30minutes, because under 30 minutes is good for your heart, but doesn't do anything regarding fat burn and weight loss.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Add something like nuts or nut butter in somewhere. Easy way to add some cal's w/ a small amount of food. Lots of protein also. I know people get down on the lean cuisines and the like, but they are easy and conveinent and if you are staying close to or w/in your sodium goal for the today no big deal.
  • kealambert
    Options
    Will do. Thank you for the input! :) Anything else? Carbs, protein, etc look okay? I do try to keep an eye on my sodium levels.

again, just aim to meet, not get under your goals. even sodium, honestly. make sure you're getting enough fiber and protein, they will assist your metabolism, and muscle growth
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    IF it's working for you don't change it. :drinker:
  • Boosier3
    Options
    Thank you for the dressing ideas. Yes, I have plateaued, but am increasing my calorie and exercise. Just want to make sure that what I am eating is "healthy", and not just being a rabbit. :) I have logged faithfully for 70+ days.
  • kealambert
    Options
    Thank you for the dressing ideas. Yes, I have plateaued, but am increasing my calorie and exercise. Just want to make sure that what I am eating is "healthy", and not just being a rabbit. :) I have logged faithfully for 70+ days.

what do you have your weekly weightloss goal set to?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

If you aren't hungry but need to up your calorie limit try eating more calorie dense foods. Instead of Lean Cuisine/weight watchers try a different type that isn't a "diet" food. Skip "light" cheese, go for the real thing. Same with LIght salad dressings. Generally "Light" things have a bunch of ingredients you don't really want to be eating anyways, higher sugar, and with your extra calories you can afford to eat the real thing without adding any more food quantity wise.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    MORE FIBER, MORE PROTEIN, MORE WATER!
  • Boosier3
    Options
    I have it set to the one pound loss/per week. Thank you for the ideas on how to increase calories. I love cheese so I will definitely eat some of the real thing and maybe incorporate some peanut butter as well.
  • kealambert
    Options
    I have it set to the one pound loss/per week. Thank you for the ideas on how to increase calories. I love cheese so I will definitely eat some of the real thing and maybe incorporate some peanut butter as well.

I haven't tried it myself, but many on here recommend PB2 instead of peanutbutter, it's a healthier alternative, and apparently really good too.

as for the weight/week, maybe try lowering that to .5 lbs/week for a while, and see how you like it...i found that helped my progress.
  • Boosier3
    Options
    I walk at a brisk pace every day for a minimum of 45 minutes. My fitbit inputs the exercise calories for me. I might start doing some home video aerobic stuff. Jillian Michaels. Argh, that woman makes me crazy though. :)
  • kealambert
    Options
    I walk at a brisk pace every day for a minimum of 45 minutes. My fitbit inputs the exercise calories for me. I might start doing some home video aerobic stuff. Jillian Michaels. Argh, that woman makes me crazy though. :)

if you have access, I would recommend getting into strength training with weights/weight machines.
  • Boosier3
    Options
    I do have some of the PB2 and it si good. I just thought to up my calories I MAY eat some regular stuff once in a while. Love peanut butter. Grin.
  • kealambert
    Options
    I do have some of the PB2 and it si good. I just thought to up my calories I MAY eat some regular stuff once in a while. Love peanut butter. Grin.

<<<<huge fan of peanutbutter