What is your secret weapon?

Options

Replies

• rllillis
    rllillis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A lemon butter salmon filet is just 100 calories and is very satisfying. Has Omega 3s too! (Gorton's fisherman)
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    Jicama!! It keeps me full and is slightly sweet and really crunchy. It's a totally underrated food.
  • chn10342
    chn10342 Posts: 12
    Options
    SEX!!!!
  • jedavis824
    Options
    Those are my absolute favorite. They're delicious and I can't believe they're so low in cals!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    So, before I found my secret weapon, I would munch on everything in sight before heading to bed. I finally found something that worked for me! Weight Watchers dark chocolate & raspberry ice cream bars. They are 80 calories and I can eat only one and be completely satisfied! What is your secret weapon? I'd love to see what other things you all are doing that help you to stay on track.

I love those things! Have you tried Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars? They are bigger and only have 110 calories. Weight Watchers has, by far, the best ice cream bars ever. I also eat the Giant Latte Bars for 90 calories and the Giant Chocolate Fudge Bars for 100 calories. YUMMMMMMMMM

Edit: Oh, okay. My non-sweet fillers that I love are kohlrabi succulent and very few calories and fresh fennel bulbs sliced and served with a little Newman's Low Fat Sesame Ginger salad dressing. A cup of sliced fennel with a tsp of dressing has about 25-30 calories (maybe less). The dressing is very intensely flavored and a little on the thinner side so it mixes with lots of salad volume for a lot of flavor.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    One ounce of reduced fat cheddar cheese carries me through my snack attacks.
  • JimandLin
    JimandLin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    tootsie roll pop
  • coquette87
    coquette87 Posts: 114
    Options
    Mine isn't food (although I have gotten very attached to my protein shakes...). It's plastic containers. I have a ton of them, so I can pack healthy lunches to take to school. I know how much each one is (1 cup size, 2 cup sizes, 1/2 cup, etc) to make measuring portions easy.
  • Commander6666
    Commander6666 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki Pasta, Fiber One Brownies, York Peppermint Pieces and Josephs Oat Flax bread.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I eat those too! It helps curb my sweet tooth! I eat healthy during the day and use that as my sugar/chocolate splurge! That and skinny cows! Mmmmm....I don't know if I could stick to the healthy stuff if I couldn't have at least one of these! lol
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Truffle bars
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, those skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are amazing. I can eat about 3 of those in one sitting, though! lol
  • melr789
    melr789 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    popchips!! so delicious
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Oh, yeah. Pop chips for sure.
  • katiedidd66
    Options
    My crunchy secret weapon is definately sugar snap peas!!! My "candy bar" secret weapon is Quaker Stila Bars, blueberry, strawberry or apple/cinnamon (80 cal). My newest find and definately a go to snack is Kiwi Berries, where have these things been all of my life!! If you haven't had them, the are literally little tiny kiwis about the size of grapes and you can just pop 'em in your mouth without dealing with that annoying fuzzy peeling of a larger kiwi.
  • KDWS
    KDWS Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Powdered peanut butter!!!!!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    My crunchy secret weapon is definately sugar snap peas!!! My "candy bar" secret weapon is Quaker Stila Bars, blueberry, strawberry or apple/cinnamon (80 cal). My newest find and definately a go to snack is Kiwi Berries, where have these things been all of my life!! If you haven't had them, the are literally little tiny kiwis about the size of grapes and you can just pop 'em in your mouth without dealing with that annoying fuzzy peeling of a larger kiwi.

What? Kiwi berries???? Where have these been all my life? Where can I get them??
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My real secret weapon is veggies. I fill up on them before I get to the good part of my meal, and I'm so full I can have a low cal dinner. Then I snack on delicious stuff later. It works for me, at least.
  • painterlyme49
    Options
    Fat free yogurt: Add canned peaches, artificial sweetener and a dash of cinnamon. 1/2 cup of yogurt has just 50 calories. I also make a creamy smoothly in the blender with sugar free orange soda, yogurt and a little milk. Lasts a long time when sipped through a straw. Yum.

Or add a few nuts, plain cocoa and sweetener to yogurt for a chocolatey under 100 calories treat. Hmmm....wonder if it would freeze? I'll have to try it.