How to break the carb habit?

Options
I love carbs! I'm trying not to eat as much but it's hard. My 13-mo-old is wheat sensative (affects his eczema) and he's still nursing so I'm not supposed to have too much.
But it's hard. I dont eat total crap. But I do like wheat cereals and whole wheat bread. It's not like I eat white rice all day, but its more than I should eat
ANy tips on breaking the habit?

Replies

• Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Maybe try substituting starchier vegetables like yams and potatoes? More beans?
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you could do baby formula every once and a wile.
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    If you're just limiting carbs because of his gluten sensitivty, there are lots of gluten free breads, rice and corn pastas and snacks out there now. Lentil chips are delish and have a lot of protein. Tortilla chips (baked) are good for that saltycrunch craving. Rice crackers are pretty yummy and Blue Diamond makes an almond one that is FANTASTIC!
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I gave up anything with wheat after reading the book, "Wheat Belly". Very interesting book. The Doctor addresses wheat sensitivities and eczema, among other things. You might want to try glutton free breead or some pastas that are not wheat based. I've tried rice pasta and quinoa pasta. Not bad! When I gave up wheat and glutton, I went through withdrawals for about a week and a half, but I didn't know I was going through withdrawals, until I came out of my fog. Felt so much better...and have lost about 17 pounds in two months. Also there is a glutton free group here that can help with suggestions too.
    Good luck!
    TripMom
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    thanks. part of it is cause wheat bothers him, the other is because I dont want to eat as much grainy carbs in general.
    I tell myself to eat an apple instead but I'd rather eat a sandwich