Is anyone else waking up exhausted...need more food?

Options
Hood25
Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
I'm finding I'm soo tired when I get up in the morning and have low energy. It makes it difficult to get the most out of my morning exercise. I generally eat my dinner no later than 6:30p.m. give or take 15 minutes and don't eat until 9:30 in the morning. I'm wondering if that is too long to go without food and my body and energy level is paying the price. I eat 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with peanut butter for breakfast sometimes including a pear. I tried some green tea with breakfast this morning to get a little caffeine in me. I usually don't drink caffeine. It helped a little. I do eat breakfast before my workout. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Hood25
    Options
    any suggestions?
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Maybe a high pro snack before bed? We eat dinner late most days like at 8 pm so no bed time snack for me.
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I find that on days where i eat a late dinner (which is most nights), I have more energy in the morning - an early dinner = no energy.

like the above suggested, try a night-time protein snack?

-A
  • Hood25
    Options
    Thx I'll try that. I'll save some calories for later. Maybe it will make me feel like getting up earlier too!
  • 2011kjb
    2011kjb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you staying hydrated? I had a hard time adjusting to the time change.
  • Hood25
    Options
    I drink water all day long. I may not log it in my food diary but at least 8-10 glasses. I do sweat a lot working out but I continue to drink water till 8:00p.m. I even drink coconut water. It seems to have began since I've started doing Jillian's ripped in 30 along with my 45 minutes of cardio a day.
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Are you sleeping a solid 7+ hours each night? Of course you'll wake up tired if your sleep is too short or interrupted by TV, phone, texts, etc.

See this article I recently read in "Health" magazine http://news.health.com/2011/03/03/cdc-sleep-survey/

And, yes, I would have a 100-150 calorie snack about 30 minutes before bed. Most nights for me it's 1/4 c. of Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds.

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!