Need to get my rear in gear!

Options
I was actually a member of myfitnesspal.com overa year ago, but I wasn't ready to loose the weight. I still wanted to pig-out on fried foods and never exercise. Now I have been trying harder to eat healthy foods and get outside to at least walk. I also have Zumba for Wii, which I love. I used to go to a zumba class 2x week, but I moved and the class is too far with gas prices. But the upside is, I don't live in the city anymore. I'm back in the sticks where I grew up. I find myself outside more to enjoy the weather, which means I get more exercise because I love to walk in the woods!
I think my past attempts failed because I wasn't commited and I was immature. I always had it in the back of my mind that I would stop dieting eventually and go back to eating all the junk that I used to. I realize now that loosing weight is just like an alocholic giving up the drink. It takes contant attention and its an entire lifestyle change.

I am ready now! :happy:

Replies

• 50nfit124
    50nfit124 Posts: 21
    Options
    Good for you!!! So glad you made the decision to commit!! If you need and encouragement.. I'd be happy to be your cheerleader!! Feel free to add me as your friend!!! Best wishes my dear!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to send me a friend request. I try to stay pretty active here and support my friends and definitely appreciate the advice and return support I've received from everyone.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Feel free to add me if you need some support :-) I'm on here regularly so I'm pretty good at providing encouragement! Good luck :drinker:
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    You can do it this time! If you need any support, I'd love to help! Add me!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Glad you are making the commitment! Feel free to add me. I am on here daily. I am somewhat addicted. I love Zumba and I also do walks when it is not raining. At this point that is about as hardcore as I get since I have two kids and a full time job and let's face it, I hate working out.

You have made the first step. Keep on steppin!
  • crossa75
    crossa75 Posts: 9
    Options
    Congrats on deciding to commit! You can accomplish any goals you have, eating right and exercising can be fun. Each time you make the choice to eat healthy instead of bad and to exercise when u don't feel like it you will become stronger and stronger mentally and physically. You can do it!