Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any triathlete out there?

trimom10
trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
Oops should be "Any triathletes out there?" Looking for fellow triathletes to friend on MFP. The race season is almost here and I would love to connect with other members who are training and trying to lose weight at the same time!

Replies

• crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    I'm NOT a triahlete.. but I am training for dualthon (run 1.8/ride 11/run 1.8) ... and am trying to lose weight.. also am doing the warrior dash!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    oooh! Me! I did my first one last summer and plan to do another this August!!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Sure are.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Not currently but very interested in starting. Doing some research now. :-)
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    I'm a triatlete, I'm signed up for 2 sprints and an olympic distance so far this season.
  • SERinDC
    SERinDC Posts: 93 Member
    Me too! I joined a triathlon club last year and did two international distance races. This year I'm signed up for a sprint and will do another international distance too. Also do running races as well :) So happy tri-season is here!
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    I won't call myself a triathlete. However, I have done about 10, and I am currently training for Wildflower (70.3) for the third time (for a charity both times).
  • flvsusandy
    flvsusandy Posts: 63 Member
    I am currently training for my first full marathon in April but after that I will start training for my first triathlon. I am looking forward to it but to be honest I'm a little nervous about the swimming portion! :)
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    I'm not a triathlete yet, but I am training for my first one in July!
  • trimom10
    Just joined the group. Thanks!
  • trimom10
    Not currently but very interested in starting. Doing some research now. :-)
    I did the very same thing before jumping in. In fact I worked my way up from doing a 10k run race, 10 mile run race, duathlon the next summer, and then did my first tri. I was so hooked that I signed up for a second one the next month and have never looked back!
  • Tasolie
    Tasolie Posts: 22 Member
    Check out Adventure Racing.... I LOVE IT!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    I have always wanted to do it and now I think I am going to go for it. This weekend I am volunmteering at one. I think that will also help me see the live action. :-) I probably won't be in onw until next summer but would love to hear any stories. Do you do your own training plans, online, coach? Very curious.
  • trimom10
    I have always wanted to do it and now I think I am going to go for it. This weekend I am volunmteering at one. I think that will also help me see the live action. :-) I probably won't be in onw until next summer but would love to hear any stories. Do you do your own training plans, online, coach? Very curious.
    Volunteering is a great way to be involved. It will make you appreciate the volunteers even more when you do compete. I think the first couple of years I raced I followed a plan from a book (one that Triathlete magazine published). Now I just do my own thing making sure I hit all of the disciplines and don't increase more than 10% from the week before. I probably should just sit down and find a good plan to follow now that I've been doing it for a few years.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 253 Member
    Doing my first triathlon this summer! Kind of excited and nervous. What in the heck have I gotten myself into!?