Jamie Eason's program kind of sucks.

Options
2»

Replies

• enginerd81
    Options
    Sunshine can you answer my question or anyone else in the know:
    Why is isolation not good - is it because with compound you target more muscles at once?
    Really want to know. I have seen people saying do compound exercises because you also burn more calories?

Isolation isn't bad but if you're goal is strength increase why not train them all at the same time? Takes alot less time.

If you're looking to body build and make specific muscles bigger than i think isolated is more suited for that.
  • sarallong
    sarallong Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    IMO...compound exercises are AWESOME...they work different muscle groups at one time. But Isolation exercises are great too...when you want to beef up a certain muscle and isolate it :) They both have their place!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I looked at Jamie Eason's program and found that there are too many isolation exercises for my liking but that's my personal opinion. I am currently doing NROLFW and it's okay (more so-so than great). I'm on stage 7. My next program will be Lindsay Kaye's off of Bodybuilding.com. Here's uses a good mix of compound and isolation lifts. I won't be using the smith machine like they do for a few moves.

My problem with Jamie Eason's program is that I doubt very much that she trains like that and yet she puts her name to it because she's probably the most recognized woman in the industry. Also, she's associated with Oxygen and Tosca Reno's whole clean eating nazism. I say that because while I respect a healthy diet I don't agree with the absolutism, and their all-or-nothing dieting philosophy.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Well, not every program will appeal to everyone. If it work GREAT...if not..time to try something new but I don't think saying jaime is just "hot" and doesn't know anything is true or kind...:flowerforyou:

kinda have to agree here... She KNOWS her stuff. Not everything is always going to work for everyone. It clearly worked for her. No need to say she has no idea what she is talking about, because it doesn't work for you. Just a thought...
  • helened
    helened Posts: 42
    Options
    I am just about to start phase three of Jamie Eason's program. I have put on some muscle for sure. I have only lost a couple of pounds but lost an inch and a half in my hips. It works. it has deadlifts, bench presses and a lot more compound movements along the isolation ones.

I'll also add that I have done everything at home with my weights, barbell and a set of resistance bands. If you want to make it work you can. Personally, I think it's a great program and works you good.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Well, not every program will appeal to everyone. If it work GREAT...if not..time to try something new but I don't think saying jaime is just "hot" and doesn't know anything is true or kind...:flowerforyou:

kinda have to agree here... She KNOWS her stuff. Not everything is always going to work for everyone. It clearly worked for her. No need to say she has no idea what she is talking about, because it doesn't work for you. Just a thought...

I never said she has no idea what she is talking about o.O I just said that in my opinion it is not the best way for beginners to start out.

Edit: Just realized it was in the original post xD haha not mine! :flowerforyou:
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Sunshine can you answer my question or anyone else in the know:
    Why is isolation not good - is it because with compound you target more muscles at once?
    Really want to know. I have seen people saying do compound exercises because you also burn more calories?

Isolation isn't bad but if you're goal is strength increase why not train them all at the same time? Takes alot less time.

If you're looking to body build and make specific muscles bigger than i think isolated is more suited for that.

Thanks for the reply.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I never said she has no idea what she is talking about o.O I just said that in my opinion it is not the best way for beginners to start out.

Edit: Just realized it was in the original post xD haha not mine! :flowerforyou:

hahaha, I :heart: you. I didn't know who said it and it is ok for everyone to have their own opinion. I just think saying she doesn't know her stuff is a little harsh, but is still ok, if that is how a person feels.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Exactly. A good deep squat hits your quads, your butt, your hamstrings, hips, core, and back, even all the small muscles and tendons that provide balance for all the bigger muscles. Bench press hits your chest, AND your triceps. Rows hit your back and your biceps. Shoulder press again hits your arms, chest and your shoulders. And there you have it. Your are done. All muscles have been hit in 4 simple moves. Additionally everything is balanced. If you just strengthen your bicep you can create muscle imbalances by say having a strong bicep and a week tricep or shoulder. Plus you can hit all muscles 3 times a week. If you break it up to "chest/biceps" etc you hit them only once or twice a week.

People like Jamie have been lifting for many years. People have a limit on how much strength and muscle size they can gain (without steriods). Jamie is super close to her limit so she has to do different things to make gains or more than likely just maintain at her current level. Beginners really need to develop their core moves and their core strength, make sure everything stays balance, etc.

And maybe saying she doesn't know what she's doing wasn't fair, you are right. What I meant is that you can just blindly accept a program based on how the individual promoting it looks. I wouldn't be surprised if no, she didn't do that program, or didn't do it as a beginner, or didn't come up with it herself... But I could be wrong
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am just about to start phase three of Jamie Eason's program. I have put on some muscle for sure. I have only lost a couple of pounds but lost an inch and a half in my hips. It works. it has deadlifts, bench presses and a lot more compound movements along the isolation ones.

I'm also on phase 3. I've lost 5 inches off my waist and a 1/2 inch all over.
    skip to phase 2 and 3 - much better. I started her program on phase 2 and just did that 2x instead of doing phase 1. But there are tons of other training programs on bodybuilding.com that you can try. I would like to try New Rules... or any other program. Also, her nutrition guide isn't that bad, if you're like me and can't moderate the junk foods then I think it's perfect. Like she says for her, it can be a slippery slope, it's the same way for me so I'd rather avoid it all together, calling it nazism is a bit extreme lol but yeah, if it's not what you're expecting definitely do something else!

ETA: Gonna look into those other recommendations though, I would love to change things up.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rae.