I NEED HELP

Options
I need help cutting out carbs. I LOVE carbs and it's killing me! Also does anyone have advice on how to cut back on calories I am trying really hard but I get so hungry! It is really hard to eat healthy on account of living at college in a dorm; in my dorm room is all icky processed food but that's all I can afford!
Also in terms of exercise I have really bad knee problems and extremely limited cash. Any suggestions on workouts?

Please add me I need help and MOTIVATION!!!
I need to weigh LESS than my boyfriend!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    open your diary, otherwise we can't help....How many calories are you eating?
  • 10vfreeman
    Options
    How do I open it? Right now I am eating on average about 1500 calories a day =/

kk i figured it out I opened it
  • gingersnaps828
    Options
    I am glad you posted this question as I am new and I have the same problems as you regarding carbs and not knowing what to eat, being hungry, limited budget and I have bad knees too. My doctors told me to walk outside and do stationary bike (treadmills and ellipticals will kill my knees I was told), and I've also been doing Zumba at home on Wii, but VERY carefully, and I do Just Dance with my son because it's fun :) .. also VERY carefully. :-)
  • 10vfreeman
    Options
    Yeah it's so rough! Especially since i live in a college dorm room right now and food choices are limited- ans usually horrible for you! It's never ending and it is so hard to get myself to exercise! SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!! =(
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Curious, why are you cutting out carbs completely?

As for staying satiated, try drinking water and eating smaller portions. Following a reduced calorie diet for 4 weeks can help you shrink your sensation of hunger. Reducing the amount of food your body needs to feel full means you can actually eat less without feeling like you’re starving. It will be tough at first but you will adjust.

Filling foods low in calories:

Egg whites
    Spinach
    Chicken Breasts
    Pop Corn Rice Cakes
    Greek Yogurt
    Salmon
    Cod

Get creative in the kitchen, total lifestyle change for the better.
  • 10vfreeman
    Options
    Thank you very much. And I didn't mean cutting out carbs completely just cutting back; sorry for the confusion! This process is going to be hard cuz i am ALWAYS hungry so any help with be greatly appreciated!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Go get yoursef a huge container of leanfit (or some other low carb) whey protein powder - around $25 for a huge one (in Canada, so definitely cheaper if you are in the states...) If you have access to a fridge keep it stocked with greek yogurt, low fat milk, low fat cheese (the babybel light is my fave!) lean turkey pepperoni, etc....

Get a box of protein bars at Costco (the zone one is my fave - tastes yummy and not like peanut butter flavour playdough:bigsmile: )
    The small tins of herring, sardines, and tuna goes great with a salad or rice thins....
    you will see a huge difference once you start upping your protein.... And if you eat on the run, eat the protein or protein shake first - it fills you up and help with the cravings carbs causes....
    Good luck!
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi. I suggest that you ignore all the people who are going to say that you will die if you eat processed food, because it's not so! For some, it's the only option, and to be honest, there are some very good products out there that are in a box or a can. The good thing is that they all have the nutrition info on them so they are easy to track. My daughter is in college and she eats ramen noodles often, but she adds things like frozen veggies, which often come on sale at the store. She will also poach an egg in the juice and add sautees mushrooms. You can get really creative on a budget. Also, Lean Cuisine's and Kashi have some good frozen meals you can eat. The preservatives and such are not really bad like so many people think. I mean, think of the word itself. PRESERVE-ative. How can anything that preserves the freshness of food be bad!

So, don't worry about eating processed food. Just keep it balanced and log all you calories. Keep away from high fat and sugary foods. You will be fine.

Also, I have had bad knees for 20 years, always avoiding too much stress on them, but this year I decided to start aerobic exercises and I can't believe it but my knees have become stronger and I have no more pain! So don't be afraid to work out your knees. It may do them some good, and don't wait twenty years before finding out you can.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    There is a huge misnomer regarding processed foods.

Processed foods just has alot of "filler" which includes enormous amounts of sodium and twice the amount of calories. So its a matter of getting more bang for your meal, meaning caloric intake.

Fast Food (processed) Burger 600 cals.

Homemade/Fresh 300 cals.

So its up to you, just stick to your macros.