(Shy People)How are you doing today? Anything GOOD going on

Options
124»

Replies

• toomanycurves
    toomanycurves Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have become SO shy (ok, I was always a little shy) since I've packed on 35 pounds that I have a hard time going out the door. I am particularly shy at the gym because people I know (and have avoided during my decade of being a fatty) occasionally look at me strangely or even ask if everything is alright!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I have become SO shy (ok, I was always a little shy) since I've packed on 35 pounds that I have a hard time going out the door. I am particularly shy at the gym because people I know (and have avoided during my decade of being a fatty) occasionally look at me strangely or even ask if everything is alright!

I'm so proud of you to post here and to continue to do that thang at the gym, regardless of your "feelings" WOW, that's so impressive and you totally rock...period.:flowerforyou:

Although I'm not shy, I so know what you mean and can totally relate. I HATED going out, because I was totally vain/embarrassed/ashamed more than shy and it was awful! Thanks again for posting, your reply is going to help many people--believe me.
  • ChristinewithaC
    Options
    So, I've given up McDonalds and haven't eaten it for almost 2 months since I've started using MFP. My next biggest hurdle is going to give up Diet Coke. I know I can do anything I put my mind to....but it's causing me anxiety. I guess I just have to jump in with two feet and just give it up. I'm sure I'll feel better, but this is a tough one. I need a support group for giving up soda. :)
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    This site is the only place I am NOT shy.

What do you want to know?

Basically same here haha. I'm a lot quieter in person
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    So, I've given up McDonalds and haven't eaten it for almost 2 months since I've started using MFP. My next biggest hurdle is going to give up Diet Coke. I know I can do anything I put my mind to....but it's causing me anxiety. I guess I just have to jump in with two feet and just give it up. I'm sure I'll feel better, but this is a tough one. I need a support group for giving up soda. :)

What???!!!???

You are way fabulous and I'm so proud of you!!!!:heart: Check out this thread....perhaps it will "help" you like it's helping me. Thank you so much for posting here. Your post is so very encouraging and inspirational to me.

Here's that thread...check it out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/531261-sentence-phrase-that-helps-you-stay-focused-eating-exercisin?page=6#posts-7474140
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Thank you for posting and congrats on the HUGE 20lbs!!!!!! WTG
  • smiles4deb
    Options

^^ This. I'm so quiet that I make my husband ask people stuff if I have a question. I try to just blend in...
  • cam_l20
    cam_l20 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm shy...

I've had a few NSVs recently, but my most recent one was last night (made even better by that fact that it was my birthday!). I'm currently training for a half marathon, and was out doing a 3.5 mile run which basically involved doing two laps of an obvious "loop" in the town where I live. On my first lap I passed a couple walking in the opposite direction right at the top of the biggest hill. On my second lap, I saw them again, but obviously a bit further along the road. As I ran up to and past them, the woman said "wow, that didn't take you very long!". I always feel like I run *very* slowly (I am still about 65lbs overweight after all!), so it was nice to think that maybe I'm not quite as slow as I think!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm shy...

I've had a few NSVs recently, but my most recent one was last night (made even better by that fact that it was my birthday!). I'm currently training for a half marathon, and was out doing a 3.5 mile run which basically involved doing two laps of an obvious "loop" in the town where I live. On my first lap I passed a couple walking in the opposite direction right at the top of the biggest hill. On my second lap, I saw them again, but obviously a bit further along the road. As I ran up to and past them, the woman said "wow, that didn't take you very long!". I always feel like I run *very* slowly (I am still about 65lbs overweight after all!), so it was nice to think that maybe I'm not quite as slow as I think!

Happy belated b'day to you and many, many, MANY more!!!! I'm so proud of you and thank you so much for posting here...you rock!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bump :smooched:
  • Nevermore92
    Nevermore92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm am oh, so shy.
    Been on here a while, but I don't even feel up to a introduction post yet!
    I will one day. Soon.

Just wanted to say:
    I've lost 30 lbs since July!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm am oh, so shy.
    Been on here a while, but I don't even feel up to a introduction post yet!
    I will one day. Soon.

Just wanted to say:
    I've lost 30 lbs since July!!

Girl...that is absolutely shero stuff!!! I'm so proud of you and thank you ever so much for posting too!!!! Honey 30 pounds gone forever since July is totally inspirational! How did you do it, if you don't mind me asking--if you'd rather not say, I totally understand! You ROCK, period! :drinker:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    If this were real life, I would probably not get close enough to you for you to even ask that question. LoL. I TRY to be less shy on here, but I get the feeling often that I try way too hard and just end up looking like a dumb@$$. *sigh*

Well...it's Monday, and I am back at work, so that might not be paticularly good, but I AM out of the house, and last night was kind of tough, so I am trying to turn being at work into a positive.

Yesterday, I jogged an ENTIRE mile (slowly, true, but whatever) WITHOUT stopping or slowing down. I felt like a rock star. Probably looked more like an overrated local bass player with little talent. Bahahaha. Don't care, I DID IT.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Bump :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!