wii zumba

Options
who has it and uses it? I have it....have had it forever.
I tried using it once and lost my patience with it.
What the heck?
Not sure where to put the wii-mote...does it go in that pouch on that belt thingy?
I can't figure out the moves for the dang thing. I feel like a super dork trying to do what they do lol
I like the just dance 3 better.
Any tips/advice on it?

Replies

• jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm not sure how zumba works on the Wii, but I have done it with Xbox knect and it works good on there because it captures the entire move of your whole body. Even including if your feet are in the correct position.
  • gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just got zumba for the wii i think its ok. yes the remote goes in the pocket on the belt which wasn't thought out very well cus you need to use it to select things so your constantly taking it in and out or trying to guess and push buttons through the mesh. The tutorial shows you the moves but not very well. I guess the only thing i really like about it is it gets you really moving for a good solid twenty minutes i sweated a whole lot but didn't feel exhausted or drained like i usually would after a work out.my big question is how do i log it lol i need credit for those calories burned
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Do you have the original or Zumba 2? I was looking at reviews on Amazon and it seemed like people prefer the Zumba 2. I have been thinking of getting it but have never tried it.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You have to put the remote in the pocket facing up, with the buttons facing out. Adjust the belt so the remote is on your right hip. The first few times I could not figure out why none of my moves were registering, turns out I had the remote upside down!

As far as doing the movess correctly, who cares! Keep moving, have fun and eventually the moves will become more natural. I have Zumba 2 for the wii and I use it 3 - 4 times a week and get a great burn.
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The Wii-mote goes in the belt thingy that the game came with. If you don't have the belt, you can stick the remote in your pants with the sensor facing up towards the sky. Zumba 1 isn't very accurate with whether or not you're doing the moves correctly so just move and try your best to keep up. Zumba 2 for the Wii is much more accurate as far as telling whether you're attempting the moves or not (at least it seems that way to me). And for Zumba 2, make sure to have the Wii-mote in the belt thingy facing up towards the sky also (I didn't know this at first and was having a heck of a time trying to get the game to read my movements).

Hope this helps! Enjoy Zumba!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 got it last night. I probably did 1/2 the moves wrong but it got me moving and it was fun. Plus it was a killer workout!
  • bobbin1
    bobbin1 Posts: 60
    Options
    I have the wii Zumba 2 and love it. Choose the full length class and you will be sweating buckets.
  • robinse9
    robinse9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a used version of Zumba for the Wii so no belt. :( But just holding it in my hand works too! Its cheaper than the gym so I'm good to go. I also have just dance 2 that is a fun one for a work out.
  • ellesoul
    ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i bought this recently and love it (not nearly as much as I love going to actual Zumba classes, but nonetheless, it's still fun)...

but, one issue... the calorie count... does anyone wear a HRM while doing it and then compare their HRM calculated calories burned to what the game says you've burned?

The numbers seem a bit high (like last night I did 46 minutes, and it told me I burned like 686 cals... I entered 600 into MFP cuz it just felt really high).. what do you all think?
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies...I may give it another try. I have the original zumba....figures that the second one would be better lol. Oh well. Que sera sera...
    OH! I probably never would have put that wiimote on my hip in the belt...i probably would have stuck it right in front lol