My trainer told me to take CLA ( long)

Options
2»

Replies

• lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    i took CLA for at least 6-8 months...and saw no real changes in bodyfat% whatsoever (well, none that i can contribute to taking CLA). for me, i believe it was a waste of money.

wishing you the best!
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good luck my friend, let us know the results.
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I've taken CLA for 30 days and have seen no difference in losses.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Personally i think most of the evidence points to that it does nothing for weight loss

Studies showing little or no effect of CLA supplementation

Beuker F, Haak H, Schwietz H. , editors. CLA and body styling. Symposium: Vitamine und Zusatzstoffe; Jena (Thhr.) 1999

Kreider RB, Ferreira MP, Greenwood M, Wilson M, Almada AL. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid supplementation during resistance training on body composition, bone density, strength, and selected hematological markers. J Strength Cond Res. 2002;16(3):325–34

Malpuech-Brugere C, Verboeket-van de Venne WP, Mensink RP, Arnal MA, Morio B, Brandolini M, Saebo A, Lassel TS, Chardigny JM, Sebedio JL, Beaufrere B. Effects of two conjugated linoleic Acid isomers on body fat mass in overweight humans. Obes Res. 2004;12(4):591–8

Medina EA, Horn WF, Keim NL, Havel PJ, Benito P, Kelley DS, Nelson GJ, Erickson KL. Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation in humans: effects on circulating leptin concentrations and appetite. Lipids. 2000;35(7):783–8.

Salas-Salvado J, Marquez-Sandoval F, Bullo M. Conjugated linoleic acid intake in humans: a systematic review focusing on its effect on body composition, glucose, and lipid metabolism. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2006;46(6):479–88.

Von Loeffelholz C. Influence of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) supplementation on body composition and strength in bodybuilders. Jena (Thnr) 1999

Wang YW, Jones PJ. Conjugated linoleic acid and obesity control: efficacy and mechanisms. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2004;28(8):941–55

Zambell KL, Keim NL, Van Loan MD, Gale B, Benito P, Kelley DS, Nelson GJ. Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation in humans: effects on body composition and energy expenditure. Lipids. 2000;35(7):777–82
  • billthekill
    Options
    I've pretty much tried every Fat Burning Supplement out there.
    CLA didn't do crap for me.

The only thing that I consider very effective was the ECA stack of old (Ephedra , Caffeine, Aspirin). I say old because the new type of Ephedra (Mormon Team) is just crap.

I don't think there is a fat burning supplement that is worth the money out there.
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options
    The EC stack is still out there with Ephedrine HCL, you just need to search for it. You don't really need the A part anymore.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    in nature CLAs highest concentration is in grassfed beef. dont know if that helps or gives any insight. good luck!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am on my third bottle of it and have been very pleased with the results. My stomach after having three kids in the past 6 years is my biggest problem area and I have lost a lot of fat off of it and reduced my bodyfat by about 4% since I started. It's no magic pill ... I also diet and exercise (I've lost 18 pounds since November) but it's enough of a difference I'm happy to pay the money for the pills for now and not willing to risk stopping them. Once I get to my goal weight in about 10 pounds I'll re-evaluate. :)