Didn't really know whether or not to post this

Options
Didn't really know whether or not to post this but figured that I kind of need advice, lately I have been throwing up a fair bit like almost every day for the past few weeks so am getting to the point where I can't eat a lot without feeling like I am going to throw up or actually throwing,. I am getting to the stage where I know that it should not be happening but don't know what to do about, if I go to the doctors it won't actually be until April and I hate going there anyway. Sorry that it's not weight loss related.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, no it's not intentional.

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I'm not understanding--are you throwing up intentionally, or were you throwing up intentionally but now it's just happening on its own? Or are you nauseated and vomiting spontaneously and you don't know why it's happening?

Sounds awful--I hate vomiting, I'll do anything to avoid it. There are anti-nausea meds out there, but I'm not sure what would help you. I really do suggest a visit to the doctor asap.

I hope you feel better.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Could you be pregnant? If yes, maybe you could get yourself a test and do it. If not, or you do a test and it is negative, you really need to a see a doctor soon.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant? If yes, maybe you could get yourself a test and do it. If not, or you do a test and it is negative, you really need to a see a doctor soon.

Ditto.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a trip to the doctor is really needed here - any way they can get you in right away? What have you tried to settle your stomach?

Some things that might contribute to this: Taking vitamins or medications on an empty stomach, or taking supplements that you are sensitive to, stress. Try ginger in the form of candy or tea to see if it helps settle your stomach, having small amounts of food/carbs to help absorb stomach acid on a regular basis.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Also, just to throw in a curveball here. I was feeling really sick (although not actually being sick) for about a week not that long ago. When it had been going on for a while, I tried to work out if I'd changed anything radically in my diet recently and realised that I'd been eating Truvia on my breakfast cereal every morning. I cut it out and the sickness stopped straight away. Don't know if it was the Truvia or just a coincidence but might be worth trying if you've recently started to eat more artificial sweeteners than you ate in the past.
  • grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to wait until April to see a doctor? See a doctor as soon as possible. Rule out pregnancy today by peeing on a stick and then get an appointment.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that I am not pregnant as I got the Implanon put in the other day, so should I take a test just to be sure? The doctor that I usually see is booked out until April, and she is really the only one that I feel comfortable seeing.
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Def rule out pregnancy! Other causes could be a build up of acid and exercise can aggravate this. Try gaviscon or rennies. How can you doctor be that busy? What if it was urgent? I'd find another doctor cos thats just crazy.
  • grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    To be 100 percent sure I would test . However Implanon should be functioning so I would guess you are covered. Health is important and i myself wouldn't put off seeing a doctor for weeks on end. All we can do on a forum is offer advice.... Hope you feel better soon
  • buzymamagoals
    buzymamagoals Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that I am not pregnant as I got the Implanon put in the other day, so should I take a test just to be sure? The doctor that I usually see is booked out until April, and she is really the only one that I feel comfortable seeing.

Could it be from just getting the implanon? The hormones could be cause you to be sick.
  • lenaa50
    lenaa50 Posts: 34
    Options
    Do you have any NHS Walk In Centres near to you, if so, I would suggest a visit there. They will be able to advise you and also register your file with your GP, as the WIC are all linked in

Good Luck
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Could it be from just getting the implanon? The hormones could be cause you to be sick.

I agree!
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    safest bet is to take ginger for the nausea, just in case you may be pregnant, have a test and then see the doctor. There is no reason why you should be vomiting spontaneous like that.

Edit: and yes I agree with ^ I just had something put in and hormones do go CRAZY, not the implanon but something else
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options

This! Did it start before or after the implanon? If after, you may need different birth control. I can't take anything but depo, the patch and any pill make me incredibly sick and I don't want anything "implanted" in me lol.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I hate to be "that guy", but you may or may not have something serious. Asking advice from people in this forum is irresponsible. What are the chances that there is a Gastroenterologist trolling these forums and giving out advice without a real diagnosis? Go see a doctor.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

That would do it.

But you need to at least CALL your doc's office and speak with a nurse. Don't play Russian Roulette with your health just because your doc's booked and you don't "trust" anyone else. This could possibly be serious and waiting until April could be a very bad idea.
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    This all started before I got the implanon, I got it last Friday. Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it and will take a test tomorrow and see what I get.
  • baird3605
    baird3605 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

You might call your Doctor again. I had a similar issue last year, and had to wait 3 days for an appointment. When I finally got in, he yelled at me for not calling sooner. When I told him that there wasn't anything available, he advised me that in the future, if it's something serious, stress that to the receptionist, because they will MAKE time for me. I love my Doctor!
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Didn't really know whether or not to post this but figured that I kind of need advice, lately I have been throwing up a fair bit like almost every day for the past few weeks so am getting to the point where I can't eat a lot without feeling like I am going to throw up or actually throwing,. I am getting to the stage where I know that it should not be happening but don't know what to do about, if I go to the doctors it won't actually be until April and I hate going there anyway. Sorry that it's not weight loss related.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, no it's not intentional.

Oh, good! I mean, I'm sorry you're sick, but I'm glad it's not that! I think that a doctor's visit really is in order--it may well be related to your new med, but it would be good to make sure and to take care of it! Being sick sucks, and it's best if they have a look at you.

I hope you're feeling better very soon!
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    I still am throwing up a little bit but not as much, I will make an appointment if I don't get better soon.