Which scales do you believe?

Options
So, I have two sets of scales in my house. I have some digitals (weight watchers) and some normal bog standard dial. I've noticed with my digital scales I can have three different weights and can go up a few pounds over night, but my bog standard are pretty much the same all the time give or take. I weighed in yesterday at 10st 9lbs but today my digitals told me I was 11st and the bog standard told me 10st 8lbs.

Which scales do you find more accurate??

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Just pick one and stick to it :flowerforyou:
  • Losemymanboobs
    Options
    I don't think it matters which ones you use, as long as you use the same ones continuously rather than taking weights from different scales.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Just pick one and stick to it :flowerforyou:

^^ What she said. Stick with the same scale to know you're losing. You could also test them by putting a weight on them. If your dial scale is off you could probably manually calibrate it.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use the same scale every week. I only weigh in first thing in the morning once a week.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I beleive the one that makes me weigh the least :laugh:
  • Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I hate that about digital so I switched to a dial. Like people have said, pick one and stick with that one only as they will both tell you weight lost.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    id always go with non digital ones, manual scales are always used in sports science labs and normally in drs surgeries. but stick to one set of scales. all scales have slight variations.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the other posts. Just stick to one scale. I weigh myself once a week at the same time and try not to alter that at all. I use the WW digital scale.

15676875.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have two scales as well. I put two 8 pound weights on each of them to see what they said and went with the most accurate. Now I only use that scale.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I actually have 3 scales in my house...........all digital, but I weigh myself on the one in my bathroom (jenny craig)...............which ever one makes you comfortable that is the one you should use............
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    So, I have two sets of scales in my house. I have some digitals (weight watchers) and some normal bog standard dial. I've noticed with my digital scales I can have three different weights and can go up a few pounds over night, but my bog standard are pretty much the same all the time give or take. I weighed in yesterday at 10st 9lbs but today my digitals told me I was 11st and the bog standard told me 10st 8lbs.

Which scales do you find more accurate??

I like my digital because it is what it is, I can't misread the weight it shows. And mine just shows whole pounds, not point-five or anything. I have a question for you--I'm just curious, do your scales show stones & lbs? I'm in the US where it's all in lbs and I've never been to a place where stone is the weight measure.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have two scales. A digital and a regular. The regular always has a lower weight. But I stick with the digital. The digital is usually a couple pounds more, but I figure at least I can read the exact number on the digital.
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would of thought though that the non digitals would be more accurate as you can see that you start off on 0 and it gives a weight, as my digitals can vary in different areas of my house.
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you--I'm just curious, do your scales show stones & lbs? I'm in the US where it's all in lbs and I've never been to a place where stone is the weight measure.

Yeah they show both.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I would of thought though that the non digitals would be more accurate as you can see that you start off on 0 and it gives a weight, as my digitals can vary in different areas of my house.

It probably is, I just like reading the number. Sometimes it's hard to see which notch the regular scale is on. Especially early in the morning. Lol

But mine is in pounds, I am in the U.S.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale, and I was losing weight rapidly, then I discovered the batteries were dying.

I was irked.