If you are a 5'9 woman or taller....

Options

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to float between 155 and 160....tho I got down to 164 two summers ago and was told I looked sick. :huh: nobody told me then, but they tell me now. Oh yeah, I'm 5'10
  • sarahjean0612
    Options
    Hey yall, I am 5 foot 9.5 inches. I currently weigh 174.5 lbs and would like to get to 150-155. It feels like a long way to go but for YEARS I maintained between 150-155 and a solid size 8 and looked and felt great. So I know I could do it again. The smallest I ever got was 142, and while I didn't think I looked like I needed a sandwhich, it was not a sustainable weight. I was eating very little and at the end of a 30 lb loss on weight watchers. The minute I went into maintenance mode and started living my life again (so to speak), I gained 8 lbs, but then stayed at that 150 weight for a long time.
  • Sam426f
    Sam426f Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am 5ft 9.5 and currently weigh 155lbs, my goal is to get down to 147lbs and see how I feel and look. At the moment 147 seems a world away as I am struggling to lose anything at all despite some hard core exercising!

I am not looking to be stick thin, but would love to finally be rid of my muffin top and baby belly!

Nice to see so many tall ladies out there!

Have a nice day!
    Sam
  • TracyB25
    TracyB25 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 178 lbs size 11/12, however am aiming for 155 lbs (size 7/8).

At my heaviest (a few weeks ago) I weighed in at 186 lbs, and at my lowest I hit 147 lbs in late 2006, but couldn't maintain it .
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and I would like to be 145. I was 152 and still needed some work in the midsection. It all depends on your body shape and frame.
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my lowest was 160 and everyone told me I looked anorexic.
  • krystlejade90
    Options
    I'm 5"9 (just) and 130 pounds at my last weigh in, and apart from a bit extra belly that I want to get rid of, it's a pretty comfortable weight
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    We have a group called Totally Tall Women of MFP. We tackle a lot of topics that affects tall women such as this one. Feel free to join, post and participate in the topics already posted. We would love to have all of you that aren't members yet.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/90-totally-tall-women-of-mfp

I'm 6' and my 1st goal is 180 lbs. I started in 2005 at 324 lbs. I'm currently 195 lbs. Once I get to 180 lbs I will reevaluate my body and overall health and decide if I want to focus more on losing weight or just toning to change my body's composition.
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your build - I'm 5'9" and for my a good healthy weight is between 180-190.
  • KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal weight is 138lbs. That's what I weighed before I started having kids and I miss it. My SW was 151 and my CW is now 143. I'm already feeling so much more comfortable and wearing clothes in my closet I haven't worn in years :happy:
  • CharleeChaos
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and the lowest weight in my adult life has been 229 so far. To be honest, I was pretty happy with that, but I'm aiming for 200 this time. I've never had a desire to be skinny...just a little less puffy, lol.
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". My goal at the current time is 165. I've always been "big boned" and the last time I weighed that much was well over a decade in middle school.

If I can ever get the hang of this, I'll reassess when I get closer. :)
  • heartflood
    heartflood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, and as long as I'm active in the gym I like my weight to be 140 to 145. That puts me into a size 6 and gives me a belly I'm not ashamed of. The second that number starts going up, my belly comes back, haha!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    5'10" here and my goal is 150. I weighed that 5 years ago and it was good. The only difference this time around is that I am running alot. I don't know if 150 will be the same as it was last time. We shall see!

Edited to say: at 150 I was an 8 in pants and a 4/6 in dresses and a small/medium in tops

exercise.png
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm 6' and CW 189. I'd like to be 175-ish as that would put me solidly in the "normal" range for my weight and BMI. I'm SO close to *finally* being out of the "overweight" reading on BMI. Can't wait!

It's not so much about the final weight/size *number* but I certainly want to be MORE fit! and Healthy!
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow I am only 5'7 1/2" and at 160 I am comfortable and am hoping for an ultimate goal of 155, if I go lower cool. I am a medium build and have a pear shape. According to the BMI I am 0.4 lbs overweight. I need to firm up but look lean enough.

For someone who is 5'9"-5'10" I would say 160-165 lbs for a small frame, 170-175 lbs medium frame and 180-185 lbs for a large frame. This is taking into consideration that you will likely do some strength training and put on some muscle and muscle weighs more then fat.
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Every time I see a thread like this I find it so fasinating how we can be the same height and in different sizes at the same weight. It just really shows me that placing such an emphasis on a number is such a bad idea.

I'm 5'9 and currently 165, in a size 8-10. I would like to get to a size 6, so whatever weight that puts me at, I'm in.

That being said, I'm pretty happy where I'm at.
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Every time I see a thread like this I find it so fasinating how we can be the same height and in different sizes at the same weight. It just really shows me that placing such an emphasis on a number is such a bad idea.

I'm 5'9 and currently 165, in a size 8-10. I would like to get to a size 6, so whatever weight that puts me at, I'm in.

That is a very healthy outlook on things. This made me smile.

BTW at 160 I wear a size 9 shirt, size 10 dress and size 11-12 pants.

We are all built differently and are need to find what weight works for us as individuals within the healthy weight range.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" 1/2 and I used to weigh 145. before kids i got up to 170. I looked healthier and felt better at that weight. I am looking to be between 270 and 280
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options

This is so very true! The number on the scale really doesn't mean that much. A person's body composition, frame size, etc really determines everything! I'm 6'4" , 185 lbs, medium frame. Even at my heaviest, my upper body was very slim, but I carry my weight in my butt and thighs. My goal is 180 lbs (almost there!) and I think that should bump me into a size 10 in jeans.